The Wishing Well

The

Wishing

Well

The Paradan Tales

Book 1

 A Novel by Holly Zitting

Copyright 2013 by Holly Zitting

 Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to 5 (five) years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.

 Names, characters and incidents depicted in this book are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales, organizations, or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental and beyond the intent of the author or the publisher.

No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system, without permission in writing from the publisher. 

ISBN:

ISBN-13:978-1500148560

Credits:

Cover Art: Gemini Judson

Editing: Jeremy Tyler

Author Picture: Isabella Zitting 

DEDICATION

This book is dedicated to my parents. Sandy and Allen and Brian and Bernice. Thank you for always supporting me and loving me when I was my most, unlovable.

Also, for my brothers and sisters both by blood and by love. My life is enriched each day by having you in it.

And for anyone who is searching for their happily ever after……

 Prologue

I have always believed every wish each held a great deal of power.

As a little girl I used to wait up at night then I would look out my window in search of the first evening star. Then, with all the faith and hope in me, I would make my wish. Holding tight onto the golden coin in my hand it grew heavier and heavier in my cold and sweaty palm. My wish joined with it. I would drop it deep into the dark abyss of the wishing well, knowing it would change the direction of my destiny. My forever.

I looked up into the icy eyes which spoke deep into my heart.

I longed for him to stop me. There was a growing circle of mythical creatures starting to surround me. I had come to love them as my family. I couldn’t believe I was about to leave them all. I willed the solid gold coin in my hand to disappear into thin air, and then I would never have to make this impossible wish. Stepping closer to the well and looking down at the seemingly endless hole in the earth— I braced myself.

Closing my eyes, I held the coin close to my lips and whispered quietly to myself "I wish— to go home."

The coin dropped quickly out of my hand and into the chilling darkness. It burned my fingers as it left them. Afraid this was going to be the last moment I saw them I looked into the eyes of the boy I loved. Focusing on him, trying to remember every inch of the love I would soon lose. It has been said "Be careful what you wish for, it just might come true." As much as I knew how true those words were, it would never stop me from wishing.