Back Story: Minka

Sorry that it took me so long to upload first I got stuck then my mom and little brother were hogging my laptop. Well enough about them. This is another back story and this one is actually longer than I originally thought. This particular back story focuses on Minka and then later on it will focus on Minka & Omari. Hope you like it. Please comment if you like it or not that way I know if I need to change anything. 

**Brittnii aka Brezi

Back Story: 

Minka

"This can't be happening to me!" Were the first words that came out of Brishens mouth. Minka was not expecting him to act this way. As she was trying to calm him down Brishen began to ramble incoherently about how this was going to ruin his life. Just as Minka was reaching out to touch his arm he reeled back and yelled "Stay away from me you ведьма!" (Witch in Russian).

Minka felt as if she had been slapped in the face. He never had a problem with her being a Romani (more Ruska Roma /gypsy) before. It's not like this was new to him he had known about her family long before they even started seeing one another heck the only reason the people of St. Petersburg (might change later on) let them stay was because they thought that they would keep to themselves in the woods. Minka and her family originally came from Poland but moved to Russia to somewhat better their lives. Brishen claimed that her being a gypsy didn't matter to him. 'I thought you would be happy about this! I thought you would be happy that I was pregnant!" Brishen turned on her so fast that she didn't have time to move as he viciously grabbed her the arms and yelled with so much venom in his voice "Happy?! Happy?! You stupid girl you thought I would be happy that you are pregnant with child?"

Minka just stared at him hoping that he was kidding or something. Brishen continued by saying "Why would I be happy to know that you are pregnant with a Побочный ребенок (Bastard Child)? Hell how do I even know that it's mine? Everyone knows what goes on at those gatherings that kind have every month. He released her and backed away laughing. She started to wonder if he had lost his mind as she absently rubbed her arms knowing well enough that she was going to have bruises.

Brishen looked at her still laughing and said "You were probably on your back with your legs in the air for most of those gatherings." Minka just looked at him in disbelief as he still continued to laugh hysterically. At this point Minka was livid. As much as she loved Brishen she wasn't about to stand here while he insulted her this way. Everything that happened next was kinda a blur. Minka had been so mad that she just started to pick up anything and everything that was in her reach which at the moment was dishware and glass bottles but by then she didn't care.

Brishen's POV:

Brishen wasn't even paying Minka any attention until he turned around and ducked just as a bottle and a plate came hurling towards him and ended up hitting the wall instead. Then he turned towards Minka with probably a shocked expression on his face and yelled "Are you crazy!? Those almost hit me!!" He could see the fury in her eyes as she said "You bastard!! How could you even say that to me? You know that you're the only man that I've ever slept with!!" He smirked as if he had heard a joke and said "I don't know that. You Romani aren't exactly known for being faithful. Hell for all I know you could've put some kind of spell on me to make me love you or even worse to make it seem as if you were a virgin!" That comment got another bottle thrown his way which almost connected with his head.

At this point he was glad that they had decided to meet at their secret cabin in the woods. It was the same place that they always came to when they wanted to be alone...where they had first kissed...where they had first made love. Heck between all the glass breaking and screaming people would have thought that someone was being murdered or something. Brishen was sort of drifting off when she spoke up "A spell? A freaking spell!? That's your excuse for everything that has happened between us?" He noticed that she said all this while she was rubbing her stomach as if she were soothing the unborn baby rather than herself. While Brishen was watching her he almost wondered what the baby would look like would it look Minka with her piercing violet eyes and wavy brown hair or would it look like him with his green eyes and is dark curly hair, or would it be a mixture of both...almost.

Minka then slid down to the cold hardwood floor and started crying. Brishen just couldn't believe that she was pregnant. If anyone found out he would be the laughing stock of the whole town not to mention the fact that not only would his family be chastised but his parents would disown him and that meant no inheritance. At first it was just suppose to be a fling but it slowly started to turn into something more every time they spent more time with each other. Even though they lived in the present (don't quite have a date yet). When someone was a witch people just shrugged it off but in certain parts of Europe people still believed that witches were evil and should be watched carefully and it necessary punished according to the laws of The Council and they were not the kind of people that you wanted to get on the wrong side of.

The Council has different branches for different supernatural species but all those branches had to answer to a higher authority known as The Elders. Even though they punished their own kinds they were also known for punishing humans who made false accusations. As Brishen watched Minka cradle her stomach and cry his heart broke a little but that was pushed aside as he was trying to figure out a way to save his own skin. He walked over to her and stood there looking down at her and said "Oh stop your crying. Your not the one who is gonna lose everything if this gets out! Hell this is probably what you wanted!! Now that that spell of yours is wearing off your plan has been shot to hell. You won't be able to blackmail my family with this for money. Everyone knows how tricky you Romani can be." She looked up at him as if he were speaking another language and said " I did not plan for any of this to happen no tricks, no mind games, and no spells what happened between us was real and you know it. I feel in love with you on my own just as you did with me! I don't want any of your money either!"

He looked at her and said through gritted teeth "Then what the hell do you want!?" Minka looked up at him through sad eyes and a quivering voice filled with love and said "I just want you to take responsibility for what's your". With that Brishen just looked at her for a few moments as if he were actually contemplating about what she said then he reached down and cupped her face in his hands and started laughing.