19• Jealous?

Nine.

Nine and a semi half.

Nine and a half.

Nine and a semi quarter.

Nine and a quarter.

Nah let me do it again. I had been waiting in the her cabin of the hospital since last ten minutes doing nothing but counting till ten. Crazy me.

Every passing second I was getting more and more annoyed but she hadn't shown up. And can you believe it? There is no doctor named Nandini Malhotra.

Few minutes ago,
"Excuse me." I knocked on the table softly, gaining the attention of the receptionist. She looked up at me and smiled. "How may I help you?"

"Could you please tell me the cabin of doctor Nandini Malhotra?"

The receptionist looked at me for a brief second before answering. "I am sorry but there is no doctor named Nandini Malhotra."

What?

"I am talking about the heart specialist. You know she works in this hospital."

"Ohh you mean Dr. Nandini Murthy." She smiled at me.

Like seriously Murthy. Huff She hasn't even changed her surname.

I was brought back to the present when I heard the sound of her laughter. My head snapped towards the sound source. I could see her through the glass window, standing outside and laughing with a man, probably a colleague because he too had been wearing the doctor's coat.

Why does she have to laugh so much?

I got up from the chair and looked at them through the glass window. Huff! She never laughs so much in front of me but here when I, her husband, is waiting for her, she is busy laughing and giggling with someone else.

I clenched my jaws and glared at them. If only my glares could kill them, they would have died a hundred deaths till now.

After few minutes, he left and she finally planned to enter the cabin. I immediately pushed her against the wall, earning a soft gasp from her.

"What was all that?" I asked, looking directly at her.

Her eyes raised and she looked at me, confused. That was when I realized our position. Shit what had I been doing?

I immediately stepped back. I should have felt awkward but more than that my heart felt at ease.

Why did I act so rashly?

Was I perhaps jealous? Hell no! why would I be?

She is beautiful and cute yet annoying at times. I like her too but still she just isn't my type.

I looked at her she had been looking the other way, probably because she felt awkward.

"Why didn't you tell me that you joined back your work?" I said, calmly. Okay at least I tried.

"I guess I did." She said as her head turned towards me.

"No you didn't. In fact I have been waiting in your cabin for the last fifteen minutes and you didn't even care to show up. What were you doing?" I had lost my calmness totally as I remembered all that.

"I didn't know you were here and I was busy-" I cut her in between.

"Busy laughing and joking around with that guy." I said, angrily. Okay it made me angry but I know for sure that wasn't jealousy.

"Manik." She glared at me. "I was-"

I again cut her. "You just don't even care to tell me about your whereabouts. I know about our deal but you should have some courtesy to at least check your phone and-"

This time she cut me. "Okay I admit I forgot to tell you that I joined back the hospital but hell no I wasn't busy laughing and joking around. I was in the operation theater since the last two hours performing a heart surgery." She said it in one breath, angrily.

I was left speechless. I misunderstood her and told her all those shits. Curse you Manik Malhotra.

My heart felt heavy and it hurt, it really did. I looked at her and she had been glaring at with me angrily. But she looked rather adorable with that super cute pout.

"Nandini I am sorry." I said slowly.

"I don't need your sorry. Just leave my cabin." She said, frowning as she sat on her chair

"Nandini-"

"Manik please leave."

"Nandini I am really sorry. I know I shouldn't have said all that. But I was worried. And when I saw you with that guy I felt so angry." Shit What did I just say?

"You were worried?" She raised her head slightly and looked at me.

But that's the truth I was genuinely worried for her. "You weren't there at home when I left. So I kinda got worried- just a BIT." I said, emphasizing in the word bit.

I saw her lips curve into a small smile but she immediately composed herself. "Whatever just leave."

"I will treat you to your favorite ice cream and I will even come to pick you up after work." I said as I turned her chair towards me.

She looked at me for a moment. "Promise?"

"Promise." I said, looking right into her eyes and she smiled.

Later, in the evening leaving all my pending works and unread files behind I came to pick her up exactly on time.

"You remember your promise right?" She reminded me as she got in the car. I can't even dare to forget that, can I?

"I do." I said as I started the car and drove to the nearest ice cream parlor.

"I want chocolate chocochip." Nandini said, excitedly as she rubbed both her hands.

"Okay chocolate chocochip." I said before going to take the order. I went up to the counter and after paying the money, I grabbed our ice creams.

"Here is your order ma'am." I said, handing her ice cream to her and she took the ice cream, happily.

That was when I realized she loved ice creams, especially chocolate chocochip. I looked at her as she dig into her ice cream. She was enjoying it wholeheartedly.

"Hey." Right then a not so unfamiliar voice hit my ears, making me shift my gaze from her to the voice source.

And trust me seeing that person only made me frown.