Chapter Seven

Griffin's POV

The possibility that I could lose her was killing me. I had been an awful mate, and when, if, she woke up I was going to get better. It's clear they had severely tourtered her. Maybe even locked her in a room full of silver. How could some do this to my sweet Isabella? I stepped into the room where they were taking care of her. Kyle sat on one side of her bed, and I took the chair on the other side. I grabbed a hold of her hand. "She told me she loves me," I informed him. "She was scared she was going to die with out saying it," he responded. "How do you know that?" I snapped. "My mate did the same thing. We hadn't told each other yet, and when she knew she was going to die she said it," his voice was quiet, it clearly pained him to think of his mate. "You know I'm going to fight for her, right?" I asked after a moment of silence. "Yeah, but I won't let you win," with that he stood and left. I sighed and squeezed her hand tighter.

"I'm sorry. Oh, Isabella, I'm sorry I treated you so badly! I love you," I whimpered. If any one were to walk in I probably would never live down how pathetic I looked. I had started crying, and was hunched over her lifeless body. "I had never meant to hurt you. I thought you would forget about me, but when you tried to move on I got scared. I didn't want you to forget me, I wanted you to love me. Maybe if Madison hadn't been here, we would be happy. We could get married, and have three kids. AnnaLynn, Gabriel, Marie-Grace or Mathew. They would have been perfect, just like there mother," I started to cry harder. "Anna-Lynn? What a pretty name," came a soft, raspy voice. My head shot up and saw Isabella smiling faintly at me. I grinned and kissed her hand. "I'm going to go get the healer, I'll be right back," I stood and rushed out of the room. "Mrs. Melina! She woke up!" I shouted when I saw the women. Everyone stared at me, and I must have looked pathetic as I grabbed her arm and pulled her back to the room. She immediately started asking Isabella questions.

I sat there for a good hour as Mrs. Melina worked on her, then people came to visit her. I soon played protective mate, and shooed them out saying she needed sleep. "I heard your apologies, so please don't do them again," she stated. Her voice was still a bit raspy, but was better then it was at first. "Alright," I smiled. I took her hand in mine and stroked the back with my thumb. "I hope you know I won't go running back to you with open arms. You have to work to gain my trust, plus I'm dating Kyle. So you needed to somehow get me away from him, if you want to be mates," she informed, and for a moment I felt a spark of hope. "I know, I know. And as for Kyle, I will fight as hard as i can, but he makes you happy. I'll do anything to make you happy," I looked at her with hope shining in my eyes. "I know, now you should get some sleep. You look like you've been awake for ages," she smiled softly. "I was waiting for you to wake up," I replied sheepishly. She kissed my cheek, and her eyes fluttered shut. She was a sleep seconds later.

Kyle's POV

I watched as they talked. I couldn't lose her, not after I had lost Natalie. Why were they being taken from me? Sure I still had Isabella, for know. I know it's wrong to take someone else's mate, but technically he rejected her. And I needed her. Without her I would go off the edge, I would go insane. Losing your mate is the worst experience in the world. And then losing your back up mate is like being shredded into millions of pieces then having someone stomp on them while wearing stilettos. She couldn't just up and leave me. It wasn't fair! They can't just force me to be lonely. I tumbled to the ground, burying my head in my knees. There is something wrong with me. I'm insane. I know it. Sometimes I don't control my thoughts or actions. It's like someone has taken over me and is doing it for me. I don't know what's wrong with me. Sometimes I wake up from black outs and I've done something horrible. Sometimes I remember what I did, sometimes I don't, and sometimes I get random snidbits of what happen at random times. I just want everything to go back to normal. The first time I felt like this was the day Natalie died.

888888888888888888Flashback8888888888888888888

Me and Natalie were just randomly strolling through the woods when I blacked out. I woke up, what felt like, minutes later. I was cradling her bloody body in my arms. "Natalie? Natalie! What happened?" I gasped. "You don't remember?" she answered weakly. I shook my head and stared down at my beautiful mate. "I was attacked. By a rogue," she coughed, blood coming up with the words. "No, no. Natalie. You can't leave me," I cried. "I love you, Kyle. Don't forget that, and I know you didn't mean to," she whispered. "I love you too," was all I maneged to choke out. I couldn't ask what I hadn't meant to do. I watched as the light in her eyes, her skin paled, and her body heat went cold. I had lost my mate. I sat there crying for hours until the found me.

88888888888888888End88888888888888888

I think maybe It was me. I think it was me who attacked her. I blacked out before the attack, so it could have been me. I could have killed my mate. There is something wrong with me. I need someone to fix me.

************************************************************************************

What's wrong with our poor Kyle? And I want to know if every one likes the new cover. My friend Emma made it for me. Hence the fact I am going to dedicate it to her. Every one give her a big old round of applause!