39. Short Filler

Summer looked around the living room seeing if he'd just cut her off and walked off on her. She chuckled to herself and put her hair into a ponytail, one thing she wasn't gone do is let another man dictate her life and shut her out as if her opinion didn't matter. She'd learned from with Preston, and this time around she wouldn't just sit there and let whatever a man says goes. She had a voice and Jerome was about to let her explain what she was trying to explain.

Walking to his room she opened the door and folded her arms, tapping her foot on the floor. If looks could kill Jerome would have been dead. "Scuse me?" She asked him to see if he wanted to repeat telling her 'she could go' and storming off on her.

"I said you could-"

"I heard what you said but repeat the shit and see if I don't punch the shit out of you." Summer walked up to him and he walked back. He'd seen her fight and knowing he didn't hit women he wasn't about to try her while she was angry. "I can't hear you." She poked his chest.

"Why you being crazy? If you don't feel the same then it is what it is Summer." Jerome shrugged trying to hide his hurt. He hated to be turned down, and never took rejection well.

"I never said I didn't feel the same Jerome." Summer sighed letting out a breath. "I just don't think either of us is ready to be together or have a child right now." He cracked a small smile. "It's not the right timing, we both need to work on ourselves before thinking about those, especially a baby."

"But--"

"No Jerome listen to me okay? I don't like the way you act when you're drunk and you physically threw lil sis bird ass out your house and-" She was cut off by him laughing, because she was referring to Cheree.

"I'm sorry but you seem jealous baby. 'Lil sis bird ass' and I will apologize for that that was definitely out of my character but I'm listening."

Summer chuckled not even catching herself. "Yeah you reminded me of Preston and I pay attention to small shit now. You disrespected three women that were trying to be there for you no matter the history they were there for you and you called them out of their names and I don't condone in none of that shit." She told him the truth. "And the fact you're so bitter towards your nephew what would make it any different from our own child? Amir hasn't don't anything to you and Sonja never asked you to accept him so why throw her son in her face because you're upset? It's not right and I won't be with a man like that." She looked him in his eyes. "I also will not be with a man who drinks to run away from his problems, I know I've done that but it's not worth it and if that side ever comes out of you again I won't be with you at all." She finished and let out a deep breath.

Jerome listened to what she'd said and felt horrible about the way he started to treat his nephew and sister because he was hurt from losing his son and he was jealous how their dad loved her son but didn't love his son enough to take him away from Sandra sooner. He would never harm his nephew but talking down on him was still wrong and he needed to let his sister, basically his daughter know that and he knew he had to deal with the loss of his child, he was never against therapy so he would try that out as well as right his wrongs.

"Thank you summer." He hugged her and she hugged him back. "I can promise you that I'd never hurt you like Pringle did, nor disrespect a woman ever again and I will apologize for my actions to each of them, not because you talked to me but because I know I was wrong and it shouldn't have happened." He looked her into her eyes. "I promise I'm not him and you'd see." He pecked her lips for her to deepen it.

"Make love to me.." Summer whispered against his lips putting her head down. She'd became emotional because she'd never been loved by any man and they way he made her feel she just wanted to feel it forever.

"Look at me." He lifted her face and cupped her chin. "I love you and you don't have to worry about letting your guard down with me. I'm here and I'll always be." He kissed her lips, lifting her shirt off of her body and was about to do just what she asked of him.

"You're beautiful and never let no make take that away from you again" He told her while laying her down kneeling in from of her second set of lips wasting no time pleasing her.

______

Time skip after this and this book may be ending soon, 😩 after I get it all worked out and hit what's important.