The White Rose (An Alice in the Country of Hearts FanFic)

Chapter 1: The Hidden Princess

“Everyone leave our courtroom immediately,” Vivaldi demanded, “Peter, Ace, you stay,”

“Why do we have to leave?” Dee and Dum said together.

“Just go, you brats,” Eliot grumbled, pushing the twins to the door.

“Ace, what’s this about?” Julius asked the knave.

Ace just smiled and laughed, “I guess I’ll find out. Maybe she’s executing me,”

“I hope not!” Alice said, worried, “That would be terrible,”

“Would it?”

Everyone left and Ace walked up to Vivaldi.

“Ace, how is our daughter doing?” the queen asked.

“Ah! That’s what you were wondering? She’s well enough, your majesty,” Ace said.

“Good,” Vivaldi said, “I wasn’t about to risk my asking you in public, you understand?”

“Of course,” Ace said, a smile on his face.

“Is the princess bored? If she is I can assemble a room change,” Peter said, looking through his papers for a spare room.

“Ah, she seems to always bore of things easily,” Ace said thoughtfully, “Though, only when she’s alone,”

Vivaldi tapped her scepter on the arm of her throne, “Very well. Ace, you are excused from your duties for now. Make sure our daughter is kept busy,”

“Understood. I think, just maybe, she should be let outside, for a little at least,” Ace said.

“No. We cannot risk her being discovered,” Vivaldi said harshly.

“Alright, alright,” Ace said sighing, “Shall I leave now?”

“Yes, go down and entertain our daughter. She’s probably bored. As are we. Peter, you may let the guests back in,”

Peter let the guests of the ball crowd back into the room.

Alice walked over to Vivaldi just as Ace was turning away.

“Vivaldi! Is Ace in some kind of trouble!?”

“Trouble? Of course not. We trust Ace with our life,” Vivaldi said, confused.

Ace laughed, “Awe, cute, you were worried about me,”

“Of course,”

“You’re too kind my dear Alice!” Peter shouted, “You mustn’t worry about that knave! Worry about me!”

The man hugged Alice with a smile on his face.

Ace laughed, “I should be going now. I have other things to attend to,”

“Oh, okay,” Alice said.

Ace walked down the hallway until he got to a painting. Looking both ways, he tapped the painting the hilt of his sword, and it swung open, revealing stairs leading up.

He stepped into the passage and pulled the painting back in place.

Following the lights on the walls, Ace walked up the stairs, until he reached a large white door. He opened it and stepped into a hallway with pictures of red and white roses on the walls.

He walked down the hallway until he got to another white door. This one had a silver handle in the shape of a rose, and carvings of roses on it.

Ace opened the door and stepped in.