Chapter 2

So, I was scrolling though my phones notes and came across this. I completely forgot this story even existed! As I read it now I really
want to continue it so yay!

Disclaimer: I own nothing of The Walking Dead

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke to the sounds of voices, rather loud voices. I rolled over to find two men and Maggie arguing

outside my cell.

"Maggie! How could you just let her in like that!"

"She could have been a threat"

Oh so they were ganging up on Maggie.

"The dog, Maggie what if it had been rabbid"

I quickly stepped in

"I'm not a threat and Pucker is a 4 yr old house trained dog"

They arguing three turned to me and I realised I'm going to love it here.

The one to my left was tall and slender but had muscles at the same time, his dark hair had started to go grey as well has his beard, but to my right. Wow he really caught my eye, with dark hair the flowed into his eyes, a very muscled structure. The sleeves of his shirt had been removed showing his defined arms , mhmm arms were my thing. I like the chiseled kid of guy. A real mans man.

My day dreaming was cut short when the left one stuck his hand out

"Well I'm Rick Grimes"

I shook his hand

"Cassidy kalliwell"

He looked as though he was mulling the name over a bit, like he recognised it, but shook his head and said "Well you know Maggie, but this here is Daryl Dixon"

I stuck my hand to Daryl but he just looked at it made a grunt noise and walked away.

Rick questioned me about my time during and before the dead people started living, seeming rather content with my answers. During my talk with Rick he expressed his concerns about Pucker which I personally found silly. "It'll be a big mouth to feed, Are you positive it won't attack?" Rick said this literally as Pucker placed his paw on Ricks arm in attempts to guide it towards his head for tickles.

"Rick I am positive he will never attack and as for food never once have I struggled to find food for him, I mean look at him. He's fat. No one is desperate enough to eat dog biscuits, not even in the apocalypse"

Rick smiled at my attempt to lighten the mood After about 30 minutes Lori came in and told Rick about the midwifery course I was taking and suddenly I was untied and being offered squirrel to which I gaged. Sorry but no, cute little woodland creatures is where I drew the line!

The only time I saw daryl from then on was at dinner, in which I was informed Daryl was in a shitty mood, something about a deer... I really don't know, it was hard to hear. My guess is a deer got away hence why everyone was eating squirrel which still was gross to even watch. I stuck to the canned peaches and a carrot, which apparently came from a garden in the front of the prison. Huh must have missed it.

After dinner I was asked by Lori and Carol, who I had recently met, she was a nice older woman with short and greying hair, she was still very beautiful and gave off mother vibe, yet I hadn't seen any kids other than Carl.

Of course I helped, however I really didn't want it to be a regular thing, I mean I wasn't the kind of girl to wash dishes and cook food. Before the world went to shit I mostly ate off paper plates just to avoid washing.

After finishing the dishes Carol said I should go take a shower cause I probably hadn't had one in a long time, which was true. I didn't smell that bad did I?

********************************

The shower was the best thing that has happened to me in months, sure it wasn't hot water but running water non the less! I got to wash my hair with something other than blocks of soap which was extremely exciting for me. I wrapped myself in a scratchy old orange towel and attempted to wash my underwear and clothes clean, I had been wearing them for almost a week.