Chapter Two: Battle

Wolves waited in their camp as their alpha lured the enemies in.  Some hid in bushes, some hid in corners. Copper finally led the enemies in, growling at them. Wolves all of a sudden leaped out from all around, catching their rivals by surprise.

Copper leaped on an enemy, crushing their spine. Rowan disabled one's paw, biting into it's throat, cutting deep, before it ran, whimpering. A pup darted into camp, and the Pack's exclamations ceased as more wolves rushed at them.

Rowan growled at Cloud, "Cloud, protect the pup."

Cloud didn't need any more instruction. She darted in front of the pup, growling. A wolf caught Rowan by surprise, pinning her down. She arched her back, throwing him off. He landed, and Blizzard attacked him.

The Alpha finally rushed in, behind the Pack. Rowan noticed his uneasiness and I snarled, "What a cowardly Alpha, too afraid to fight with his Pack."

He circled Rowan, and she circled him. She finally leaped at the Alpha, and cornered him with Cloud. The pup tentatively sniffed him, and backed away. I snarled, "This serves as a warning. Don't ever come back and attack."

She bit deep into his shoulder, and blood gushed out. He howled, and looked up, dazed. Too much blood loss. Rowan growled, "Now go, Alpha."

He looked up, and tilted his head. "I'm the Alpha? I thought I was the Omega." and crashed to the ground. 

His pack carried him off, giving last snarls. We looked at the pup, who wasn't affected whatsoever by what happened. "We have triumphed in the battle!" Copper howled to her pack.

The Next Day...

Copper had fallen sick. Rowan was to do the new member ceremony. She howled, "We have a new member of the Pack!"

The Pack howled, and I asked the young pup her name. "My name is Leopard," she replied.