Chapter 4: The Historical Intramuros Tour (AliWon - Ali and Siwon XD)

Previously on Exchanging Biases...

JJ had a hard time dealing with Kyuhyun. His bossdom bugged her, that she really wanted to quit. But when she overslept and found Kyuhyun on her bedroom, that's when the ambience between them became good. They talked about their stuffs the whole night, and JJ noticed that he's not really that annoying. Needless to say, all the things that she whined about were all gone. 

Chapter 4: The Historical Manila Tour (AliWon - Ali and Siwon XD)

Ali's POV

"Miss Ipuda, what are you doing there?" Siwon asked me as we approached Intramuros. 

"Oh nothing. Let's go," I replied, hurriedly put my notebook on my bag and walked. I surveyed my notebook first so that I could memorize all the correct details. I don't want to do anything wrong, not infront of the conceited Siwon.

We walked further then reached our first stop. It was Fort Santiago. I watched Siwon who enjoyed taking pictures of the whole place. Then I remembered something...

I really envied JJ. Heaven knows how much I do.

I really wanted to be with Kyuhyun, the man of my dreams. The moment I saw him on It's You mv, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He's ravishingly handsome! And he is my ideal man. His qualities that really turned me on are his cruel deeds, his soothing voice and his angelic face. It's not the typical Korean look, it's a combination of Western and Eastern trend. Waaa. I really love him! 

My feelings for him deepened when I saw him at the airport. I felt my heart beat a thousand times per minute. But the reality stroke me. 

He'll never fall in love with a simple girl like me. He's a star, and he'll also love a star. Land couldn't touch the heaven. Just like me to him. 

"I'm really handsome, right? You stared at me for a long time," Siwon's voice turned me back to reality. Wow. He really thought I'm staring at him, huh? In your dreams, swellhead. 

"Hehe, you must be kidding me. I was just reminiscing something. Oh, let me tell you the history of Fort Santiago," I said mockingly. 

He looked at me as if I'm a big, crazy liar. He shook his head, smiled at me and walked. I followed him to start my so-called 'true love' - my job, the thing that keeps me busy, the thing that made me live = blabbering the sceneries.  

"Fort Santiago was built by Spanish colonizers in 1571, replacing the destroyed fortress belonging to the last datu or the king of Manila before Spaniards came. Over the years, Fort Santiago served as a military stronghold against Chinese pirates, a prison for political prisoners on Spanish regime, and a Japanese torture chamber in World War II. American bombs deployed during the Battle for Manila almost succeeded in destroying the Fort altogether. But then, the post-war government restored this place, so as you can see, it's an eye-capturer. Very amazing work of art," I narrated, and I feel so proud of myself. Geez, I'm so good! 

"Wow. That's a nice history. You're good in stating details  with clarity," he praised me. I know that already, you know. That wouldn't take my despise from you, flirt.

"Kamsahamnida. Go ahead, have a look at the whole place," I just said, hiding my annoyance of him. I just put my sight to the place, deep breathed, and felt the wind touching my skin. It was kinda relaxing. 

I checked Siwon to see if he's already finished taking photos. But he's not nearby. I started to look out for him. I came back to the way that we passed before but there's no sign of him. I ran, looked to my left and right, hoped and sort of prayed that he's just fine. Thiry minutes passed, still negative. I'm not thinking that he's kidnapped. Oh no! Did I just think of that? Delete it, brain cells.

Well, I couldn't blame myself if he's gone. I told him to wear only simple and not attention-grabbing attire, but he insisted on wearing designer clothes and expensive watch. He wanted to look nice for everybody. Yeah, to look nice on crime-capacitated people. Aaargh.

But I didn't lose my hope. I still kept an eye to the whole place. I almost got out of Intramuros when I saw a familar figure standing under a tree with a little girl holding his hand.

His flirting also with children?!! I don't want to live in this planet anymore. 

Wait. I think I'm thinking too much. I'm overly judging him already. 

I closed my eyes. I asked for forgiveness to the One above. Of course, he's not a pedophile! I'm just really biased on my perspective of him. I'm really sorry for this sin, Lord.

I opened my eyes and looked at them again. They're now eating ice cream. Then a woman came towards her and hugged the little girl. Maybe she was lost and Siwon helped her. The woman utter a word, maybe she said thanks, and walked away. The little girl happily waved her hand on Siwon, so did he. In an instant, he looked to my direction and waved at me. 

Oh my. I couldn't even look at him through the eyes. I think I'm burning. I'm really evil. Psh.

"Sorry if I made you worried. I just helped that little girl. She's lost, so I give her a company," Siwon explained to me. Goodness, why is he so nice to a malicious-minded person like me?

"It's okay. You have a good heart," I mumbled. Well, that's sincere, fyi. 

"Thank you, Miss Ipuda. Shall we continue?"

I nodded and smiled shyly. I went on with my expertise. I toured him also to the Manila Cathedral which  is very historical because this was the seat of the Spanish Archbishop of Manila on the Spanish era. This is also a final resting place for former Archbishops. He said it was creepy, so I couldn't help but to laugh. He's kinda coward.

Then there's the Puerta de Santa Lucia which is a gate passing through the Intramuros walls, the San Agustin Church and museum which is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the last part, the Casa Manila that is a reconstruction of a colonial home where every room was decorated in period style. 

Throughout the Intramuros tour, Siwon was just silent listening to me. He just nodded and smiled and said okay. Then the pattern repeated. 

Was there something wrong with what I've all said to him?

"None, Miss Ipuda. I just envy you," Siwon said to me. Did I say that aloud?

"Envy me? Why?" I asked unbelievably.

"You have a great memory. That's what I couldn't have."

I glanced at him to see if he's joking or serious. But his facial expression tells it all. For my curiosity's sake, I asked why.

"I only have a short-term memory. Well, not the serious type, but all the things that you said to me a while ago, I already forgot it."

My eyes opened wide. I felt the need to touch his hand, to alleviate the burden his feeling somehow.

He smiled weakly and grabbed my hand which held his a while ago. He squeezed it.

"You have soft hand. It's nice to walk with holding hands."

I smiled at him. I just thought that it's just okay since he's not feeling well today. Maybe, to cheer him up.

While we are walking towards our car, he let go of my hand and said, "I was just joking earlier. I can clearly remember everything that you said, even the tone of your voice. Thanks for sharing your soft hand with me." Then he winked and rode in.

I was left dumbfounded. I felt all the blood rushed to my head. Land, please open up and eat me. 

He wants to play, huh? I'll give him what he wants.

#####

A/N: Halu! No Korean/Filipino 101 today! I thought I've used all of them on the earlier updates. How are you there? How was this UD? Feel free to comment, okay? God bless! 

Sincerely yours, 

Hannah XD