Prayer 5

Dear woman who is depressed,

There is so much going on in your life right now and you might feel like you have no answers to it. Don't let the answers you don't see cause you to miss out on what is already in front of you. I know it's hard to see God at work when life keeps hitting you and when nothing seems to be working out. Take time to take a step back and start reflecting on what you do have. 

You may not see much, but this is a great start to get your heart to hope again. God has created you for a mighty reason and you must know that everything in your journey might not go the way you want. Take time to look back on everything God has done and how faithful he has been. When you do this, you will start to see how he has been there for you. Each day make a choice to smile and do stuff that you love. Even if it's something small. 

Take time to open your Bible and read the word of God over yourself. Declare what God states about you and read scriptures that focus on his love for you. When you start to realize that God loves you with a powerful love that is unconditional you will start to see that nothing can stop his love for you. Make a choice right now to receive his love by faith and declare daily that God loves you, also don't make other people God. Humans can't do what God can do for you. 

God wants you to know how special you are and that he can redeem things in your life that seem impossible to fix. Depression wants you to think there is no way out of this cycle, but God wants you to know that he already made a way out. Find healing in Christ and take practical steps to be free. Get help through Christian counseling if you feel like God is leading you that way. 

Go to church and be around other Christians. Go out to the park with friends to get some fresh air. Try exercising and take time to listen to worship music to encourage your soul. Try a new hobby and don't isolate yourself. God isn't mad at you and he certainly not out to get you. He hears every prayer and sees all you do.

Psalm 42:11 (NIV) Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Psalm 3:3 (NIV) But you, LORD, are a shield around me, my glory, the One who lifts my head high.

Prayer:

Lord, you know everything I have gone through. You have seen my life and how I wanted certain things to work out another way. I ask you Lord to redeem my life and allow me to see you clearly. Help me see you in such a clear way that everything that haunts me is destroyed from my life. God, I feel depressed at times and I need to know what you want me to do for my life. 

Let me not focus on feeling lonely but give me the strength to rise above this. Yes, there are times where I don't know how, but you know how. You know how to get me where I need to go. Lord, I receive your perfect love and the joy of the Lord. I receive it by faith. Let me write out what I am thankful for each day and let me declare your faithful promises over my life. 

Even when I don't feel like doing it please give me the strength to do it. Let your supernatural power flow through my mind and my thoughts. Let me renew my mind daily with your word and not just sometimes. Let the word of God be all I want and all I hunger for. Lord, I thank you for being by my side. I know that sometimes I don't feel you, but help me to not go by my feelings. Feelings aren't always true, but your word is true. Help me find ways to help other women of God during this time and let me get my mind off myself. 

I know by faith that you see what I am going through and I am not a victim. Let me surround myself with joyful God-fearing Christian women and let me soak myself more in your presence. In Jesus Christ name amen.