Chapter 4 - [Pretend to Love Her]

I sat down in the cafeteria and stared at my frowning friends. They were upset with me because I had spoken to Nikita. Actually, I think I've been talking to her a lot recently, maybe too much, I think I was scaring her.

      "Are you fucking stupid?" Justin asked. He put his hat on his head.

      I shrugged. "What the hell is wrong?"

      "Are you trying to get us all into shit?" Chris asked "It's like you want us to get caught!"

      "Why would I want to get you all into shit? What am I doing?"

      "If she—"

      "Oh god, not this again. Please, I think I know better than to go spit the whole story out. Besides, even if I did, I would be the one who gets into trouble, not you."

      Ronan frowned. "Yeah, but what do you do when you rat us out and say that we were there too?"

      "Guys, I'm sure Nate knows better than that. I'm sure he won't rat you all out." Tristan said as he crossed his arms and narrowed his eyes.

      "Shut up man. You don't need to worry cause you weren't even there!" Justin argued.

      "Well yeah, but what the hell were you thinking? You could have checked to see if there was a class in there! You fucked up a girl's life!" Tristan hissed.

      That was something typical for Tristan to do. He was always straight up with things and he was the guy in our crew who was smart enough to stay out of shit. He was also the only one who could convince us to change our mind about something we were thinking of doing.

      He was an awesome guy, to be honest. He was a rich childhood friend of mine who was also very modest. To be honest, no one would really know how rich Tristan was. He was simple. His hair was short and brown and he had blue eyes. He was fit, but had pale skin which changed colors according to his emotions easily and even showed him off as being weak. But he had, time and time again, proved most people who believed that wrong.

      He was a popular guy because he had the support of the good kids as well, unlike the rest of us. But of course, that didn't make him a good kid. We could say he was just as bad as we were. The only difference was that he was smarter and stayed out of the worst things we did.

      Justin was about to argue but I cut him off. "Listen. The only reason why I'm trying to be her friend is because if I was, she would never, ever think that I was the one who did it. And if we're close, she won't believe other people too."

      Justin looked at me and broke out into a grin. "You fucker."

      I raised an eyebrow.

      "That's not what you do, man." Justin grinned. "What you do is, make her fall in love with you, pretend you love her, fuck her up and then you wait till some other asshole has a thing for her and then you ditch her... but you can pretend to still want to be her friend or whatever."

      I laughed. "You are so evil."

      "No, seriously man. That's what you have to do. It's the only way you can be sure of the fact that she isn't going to think you did it. I mean, who would think that their man did something like that to them."

      I thought about it for a second but then shook my head. No! I thought. How could I even consider doing something like that?

      Tristan shook his head. "Now you're being a retarded jackass." He said to Justin. "Why the hell would you do that?"

      "Wouldn't it be more fun too? I mean, you get the girl to play with and you make sure that she doesn't know about what you did." Justin shrugged. "It's like hitting one bird with two stones."

      "It's 'hitting two birds with one stone' you retard." I corrected.

      "Who gives a shit? I still think my idea is the best. If you like my idea, put up your hand." Justin said.

      Justin, Ronan and Chris put up their hands.

      Tristan groaned. "You people are crazy." He turned to me. "Listen to me, Nate. Listen to the smart one. Do not get yourself into more trouble then you're already in."

      I shrugged. "If they're serious about me having fun—"

      "Oh my god!" Tristan threw his hand over his face. "Are you stupid?"

      I shrugged again and got up. "I'll do whatever I have to, to make sure that I don't get into crap." I turned around and walked away, leaving all my junk from my lunch behind.

      Okay, Tristan was right about the fact that what Justin said was stupid. At least the 'fucking her up' part. The pretending to love her part didn't seem that bad though. I mean, in the end we're all happy right? Because I only break up with her when she finds someone else to love or when someone else seems to love her... right?

      I was smart enough to know that I wasn't going to get myself into more trouble, so I would go slow. Maybe I'd let her fall in love with me, and then pretend to love her. If she doesn't fall for me then I'll just keep the plan going as friends.

      That's a good idea.

      I smiled, feeling proud of myself.

    I wasn't going to get into any more shit, I wasn't going to be charged or arrested. Everything was going to be fine.