Chapter Three

I would like to thank the amazing _PaintingDaisies_ for taking time out of her day to make the spectacular banner on the side. I appreciate you so much.

-G

--

Has anybody ever told you that you are a ridiculously picky person?" Will shakes his head as we walk out of Pizza Hut.

"I wouldn't call myself picky. I like to call myself....headstrong. Determined to get what I want." I stand on the sidewalk and study the busy streets of Columbus. Will and I arrived in town twenty minutes ago only to circle around in search of a restaurant that suits both of our satisfaction. I hate White Castle, he doesn't feel like having Subway, and I've had multiple bad experiences at Steak 'n' Shake so I shun the place. We were happy going to enjoy Pizza Hut until I realized that their salad bar isn't open right now.

"Wait, what's that? It looks new," I observe, pointing to the little café across the street.

"Poem's and Latte's?" Will scoffs. "I don't think so," he states, walking back to his Mustang parked along the curb.

"Well, guess what?" I shout.

"What?" he yells back, seeming only mildly interested.

"I took your wallet."
Will's shoulders shake slightly, showing me he's laughing. I watch as he dabs his jean pockets with his palms. When they come up empty, he spins around to face me, eyebrows furrowed.

I lift the brown leather pouch over my head before crossing the street to Poem's and Latte's, smiling proudly to myself. In front of the cafe are chalkboards that have little poems on them like, Roses are red, we know this is true. The sun is beautiful, and so are you.

How sweet.

"I know you did that just as an excuse to touch my butt," Will jokes from behind me. I suppress a chuckle and head for the door.

When you walk into Poem's and Latte's, you're pretty much seeing everything in one glance. To my right is a little stage where a girl is reciting a poem. There are love seats and chairs in front of it that  are currently being accompanied by the lady's audience. Straight ahead is the counter with a line of people waiting to order. Beyond that is an opening at the far end of the café but I can't see where it leads.

"So what your saying is, you're okay with raising the price of water from $1.25 to $1.75 when teenagers are having a hard time finding jobs and affording necessities as is?" scolds the girl at the front of the line for food. She looks pretty pissed about the water prices increasing, which might explain the Save the Economy t-shirt she's sporting.

Once the workers pull the girl off her soap box by telling her to kindly get the hell out of the café, the line moves a lot quicker. I order the salad I've been craving, and I reluctantly think of how I left Craig in the cafeteria. Will gets some kind of sandwich and we go through the little opening that I noticed before.

It's a sitting room. With sofas and a decent size TV. The walls are a velvet red, the sofa is a dark blue and a glass coffee table sits in the middle.

"At least this place is good for something," Will mutters, walking over and snatching the remote off the coffee table. He gets comfortable on the couch, even crosses his feet on the coffee table, before surfing through the TV channels. The theme song for a show called 21 Jump Street fills the area. Will glances at me with a grin that I thought only a little boy on Christmas morning could produce.

"21 Jump Street? I thought that was a movie," I ponder, sitting down next to him on the dark blue couch.

"It is. But it's based off the TV show. Which is an 80's classic," he replies, eyes glued to the TV screen.