Chapter Two

-Authors note I’m sorry that it’s a little short but its just a little intro for the next chapter ;) enjoy don’t forget to Comment and vote!

Skylar's dad on side --> 

Chapter Two- Skylar’s P.O.V

“Dad?” I set my keys down on the counter as I call for him; I know he won’t answer though he’s usually never home.  He is always out making sure his boot camps are running smooth. If I had to count I would say that he owns maybe, forty-three across America.

I squint my eyes at the piece of white paper I see on the fridge. A note?

“Dad?” I say out loud again, I kick off my shoes and rush into the kitchen, my hand shaking as I reach for the note. I wonder if anything bad has happened. With my mom dead, her being shot for our money I am always worried that the same will happen to my dad. He is all I have left.

I remember my mom’s death like it was yesterday. I was five, all I remember was coming home from the bus and there was police everywhere. I walked in wondering what happened I saw my dad with a police sitting in the kitchen. I walked over to him and he sat me on his lap. I looked at him and he was crying. That night he told me my mom had got shot on the street and she was never coming back. I cried for days. That’s when my dad started never being home. Reminded him too much of her I guess… that was when I learned how to fend for myself. Five years old.

I grab the note and trace my finger around the note, it reads:

Dear, Skylar

I know I haven’t been around much lately, and I know that it’s hard for you to be by yourself at home for seven days a week. Seeing me only a month. I know I haven’t been the best father, but I would really like it if you came to the roof and gave your dad a big hug.

  Love,

       Dad

My eyes widen at the realization that he’s home yet I’m relived he’s okay! Before I even notice I’m sprinting for the stairs, note still in my hand.

“Daddy!!!” I can barley keep my excitement in; I run to my dad and jump into his opening arms. He stubbles a bit but chuckles and spins me in a circle. I feel tears coming to my eyes, but I blink them away. What can I say I’m a daddy’s girl.

“Daddy! I missed you so much!” I say my voice cracking a bit.

He looks at e and smiles before giving me a kiss on the forehead and putting me down. “Baby girl, I missed you too.”

I look at him in awe from not seeing him for a while he sure looks different; he went from clean shaved to a scruffy beard.

“You died your hair?” I say in realization that his once blond hair was died brown with just a few blonde streaks.

He reaches for his hair nervously and nods, I frown noticing he just went from happy to nervous. He looks at me with sadness in his deep green blue eyes.

“Daddy? Is everything okay?”

He stares at me then looks away as if it’s painful.

“ I know I haven’t been around, and I know what I’m about to say, your going to hate me for but,” He takes a deep sigh and clenches the edge of his leather jacket that I bought him for his birthday. I glance at his wedding band; I think its sweet after all these years he’s still in love with my mom even though she’s not with us. He really loves her.

“Sky, this is really hard.”

I sit down on the little patio set we have and tap the table wait for him to get to the point. My dad is a man to beat around the bush. It’s actually quite annoying. I clear my throat signaling him to go on.

He shakes his head and pulls out the other chair. He leans forward and rests each arm on each leg. “Skylar we are moving.” He says it so quick and all in one breath I barley catch it. Lets be honest though who could miss those words.

I stare at him hoping that I was zoned out and just imagined he said that, he couldn’t have. We, no wait I have lived here all my life I can’t move. I have friends and school!

“Moving!” I shout finally coming out of my trance, I’m glad I took this seat now I feel like I’m going to faint.

 When he doesn’t answer I take the chance to say something else, “Please tell me this is a joke? Why would we need to move?”

He looks at me and folds his hands together, “I am so sorry, but I got a great job opportunity. I’m tired of always leaving you. You know how I own all these boot camps across the country, well there is a new one opening-“

“That’s great dad, why do we have to move then.” I say harshly and he looks a little hurt, but I just glance away.

“Like I was saying. There is a new one opening, and its different. Im going to be there most of the time because it’s the head one of the state, ill still have to move around but ill get to see you more often as for you, you can get your own room there and attend the school. You wont be needed in the boot camp.”

I look back at him and I sigh I hate to cause my dad pain maybe this will be better. Oh gosh what about Olivia. I sigh once again and decided to suck it up for now.

“I guess that’s okay daddy, at least I can see you.” I force out a smile and reach out for his hand. He grins but then as quickly as it comes the smile is gone in to a frown once again.

“Well there’s one more thing…” He scratches the back of his head, and takes a deep breathe. “Its an all boys school.” I almost automatically drop his hand.

“What!!”

All boys! How will I survive in a school with all boys? To make it worse how will I survive if the school is filled with a million boys just like Jason and Jake? Oh boy somebody call me an ambulance.