Chapter 5

Aizawa looked calm as ever. But inside, he's panicking. He just adopted a child that he met a couple hours ago. And not only he doesn't have experience in babysitting, he's still too young to be a father! Although, financially he's capable to feed a family of three, he's job was too dangerous. Why does he never thought about that before?

But in spite of all the doubts, just looking at the sleeping form of the child in his arms was enough to know that he made a right decision. He's renting a two bedrooms and one bathroom apartment. It's not that big but due to lack of furniture, it looks spacious. He went inside his room and lay the child in his bed. The hamster was also asleep but unlike the kid, he was snoring.

"Weird hamster," he muttered. The sun was already rising and Aizawa was exhausted. He grabbed his sleeping bag and settled down on the floor. He doesn't want to accidentally squeeze the boy or his pet.

'I can't back out now. But I also can't do this alone. I need help.' His last thought before he finally fell asleep.

It was already past noon when he was woken up by the sound of someone's giggles and a loud roared coming from the living room. Aizawa wanted to go back to sleep but something's not right. He get up and walked out the room. And there it is, the green haired boy sitting down on the belly of a big stuff toy.

Wait. Stuff toy?

Finally, Izuku saw him. "Good morning 'Zawa-san!" He greeted with a bright smile. Aizawa just stares at him. "It's afternoon already, kid."

"Oooppss.." he giggled. The big stuff toy moved and roared at him like he was trying to greet him too. 'Hamster?'

"Tell me kid, is that the small pet of yours?" he asked. Izuku shook his head. "Totoro is my best friend! He's quirk is soooooo cool!" Not pet, best friend.

"Quirk, huh?" He wanted to be surprise. But for now, he needs coffee. "What do you want to eat, kid?" He started the brewing machine. Izuku followed him in the kitchen, with the hams- Totoro tailing him.

Izuku gently pulled his shirt to get his attention, "Can we, uhm," he shyly started. Aizawa sighed. "Go on."

"Can we have katsudon, 'Zawa-san?" Izuku was blushing. He seems embarrassed to ask but he's desire to eat katsudon gave him courage.

"Katsudon, huh?" He looked inside the refrigerator for ingredients but only found food pouches. It looks like he needs to go to the grocery. He grabbed two and gave them to Izuku. "Why don't you have this for now and then we'll go out to eat katsudon? Savvy?" Izuku smiled and nodded. "But first, make Totoro go back to his hamster size and let's clean up the two of you."

Izuku turned to Totoro. "Totoro, hammy sais!"

Totoro tilted his head, confused. "You know, this small," the boy explained. When he finally understood what 'hammy sais' means, he followed the order.

Aizawa whistled. He was impressed. He never encountered an animal with a quirk except for Nedzu. 'How did this kid tamed him?'

After a cup of coffee and Izuku done with the food pouches, Aizawa took the two to the bathroom. He filled up the bathtub with warm water.

"Do you need help removing your clothes?" He asked. Izuku shook his head. "Me big boy now!" Aizawa nodded and went to the room to find a small shirt for the kid when a small old box caught his eyes.

It was a gift to him from his grandparents who raised him before he moved out. He wanted to throw it away before but glad he didn't knowing they will nag him once they'll found out. He opened it and there it was, he's old favorite small yellow hoodies and black pants.

'Never thought this will be needed again.'

When he returned to the bathroom, Izuku was playing with the water with Totoro on the side. He then proceed to help the boy in washing his hair and scrubbing his body. After that, he wrap him in the towel to dry and then dressed him up.

"We should also shop some clothes for you after we eat." Aizawa ready himself as well before they left the apartment.

They went to the nearest small restaurant they found and ordered two katsudon. He also asked for some fresh salads for the hamster.

Izuku's eyes started to mist after his first bite, then the tears flowed. Aizawa get worried, "What's wrong? Does it taste bad?" Izuku shook his head then smiled at him.

"It's r-really really really y-yummy! T-Thank you 'Zawa-san!" How can a kid smile happily while crying? Aizawa doesn't know but it squeezed his heart. He softly smiled to Izuku and hold his two hands.

"Izuku, we need to talk." He started. It scares the boy a little because of the thought that he did something wrong. But when he saw the gentle expression of Aizawa, he relaxed. "I know that it must be hard for you when your parents left you. i don't have any idea how they treated you before, or the others. But I know that you don't deserved to be left alone. You're just a kid."

Izuku looked down but Aizawa hold his chin up. "Honestly, I am not really sure if I'll be the best parent for you. And I am not sure if I could give you the happiness you deserved. I might even put you to danger unintentionally due to my work. But this is I can promise you." He paused. His voice was getting weaker but firmer. "I will never ever leave you and I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. So," Izuku was trembling. "Will you trust me to raise you in the best way I could? It won't be easy for both of us. But I'll always be there until my last breath."

Izuku cried more but he wipes his tears away with his arms. Then, he gave Aizawa the brightest smile in the world. "I pwomise I will be a good boy!" He then gave him his pinky. Aizawa then gave his for the pinky swear. Yes, he really made the right choice.

Totoro doesn't know what they're doing. But he put his two paws under their intertwined fingers. He'll be wherever his boy will be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

A little confession here. I'm having a hard time writing lately. I know what plot I wanted to do but due to my lack of experience in writing, it's getting hard to put it on words.

I know that a time will come the readers might get bored and be uninterested. But I already made up my mind to never abandon my two ongoing fanfics. I hope you guys will support me.

Thank you for all the comments and votes. Knowing there are people who enjoyed reading this means a lot to me.

Thank you!