chapter two

sorry for the long wait here's chapter two enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter two

School dragged on for Claire, none of the classes interested her in the slightest bit. Well except the classes that held Xavier morland in them. She was lucky he was taking the same A-levels she was. Otherwise he would of just have been another pretty face she saw at school.

During last period - which was English - she sat there wondering what she was going to do with her life. It was a random thought that occurred suddenly without reason. It wasn't bad, but she had a feeling that her so called 'family' were depending more on her than she was on them. She wondered whether that was a good thing or not. Of course Claire loved her 'parents' with every single ounce in her body, but really and truly she just felt like a maid, or a servant. Obviously not in the harsh sense but she felt that every beckon and call they made she would have to do it. And sometimes it was too often. An example was her 'father' asking her to go to the restaurant, help out with the lack of staff but why couldn't Cole do it? What was wrong with him going and doing the dirty work as well? She didn't get it.

"Claire have you been listening?" Claire snapped her head towards Lilly, shaking it slightly as everything came back into focus. She forgot she was on her way out of school with Lilly. So stuck in the past, she reprimanded herself.

"Sorry, kind of zoned out" Claire laughed nervously at Lilly's ticked off face and sent her a pleading smile. Lilly was a character, she could be the funniest, smartest and bravest person that Claire had ever met, But if you got on her bad side. Claire thought that even for a girl who was 5'2, she could blow her top like a volcano. It actually frightened Claire sometimes at how she could flip the switch.

"You better be sorry" she cocked her brow "I was talking about Xavier, I'm surprised you weren't hanging onto every word I said about him" this time Claire rolled her eyes at her friend and followed her into the sports field - where the announcement would be held.

"I'm not obsessed Lilly, I just like him. You act like I stalk him every day of my life" Lilly bit into her lip to stop what looked like a laugh from coming out, Claire stared at her accusingly. "I don't" she exclaimed, punching her arm lightly as she burst out laughing.

"so you're telling me you don't notice when you practically rape him with your eyes?" she said between the gasps of laughter "that is hilarious" Claire pinched the bridge of her nose and walked faster, seeing the big crowd up ahead; All gathering around a small platform, all waiting for Xavier morland.

Claire made her way towards the group while Lilly caught up with her. Walking in silence as the chatter of the people in front of them grew louder with each waking step they took. Claire obviously wanted to be at the front to hear what the announcement was about. But she also didn't want to look desperate. Not only that, but she needed to stay near the back so that when she hears what he has to say, she can quickly run and make her way to the restaurant. She didn't forget about that.

Suddenly the crowd went eerily quiet. Sounds hushed and movement to a minimum as everything went silent. Claire stiffened at the silence, the roaring winds in her ear that would softly slap against her cheek.

"Hey everyone" she heard a deep voice say over by the stand. It was only then she realised they had gone quiet because Xavier was here. Claire could practically feel her eyes going dreamy as she looked at him. Analysing what he was wearing: a red top and white waist coat that matched his sneakers; Skinny black jeans that held his hands in their pockets. To Claire that was just too hot for her. "I'm guessing your all wondering why your here? Well I'm having a massive party at my house for my sixteenth birthday and today I decided to give out invitations" the whole crowd burst into a murmur, talking about whether they were invited and what they would wear to impress him. "I'll call your names out and you can come to me to get your invitation - by the way, if you don't get one it's because I don't know you enough" he shrugged "so first is..." he began to call out names of his friends friend's first. Of course Claire thought. They had to be invited. Now she had the sudden feeling she didn't want to go anymore.