Chapter 20

Enjoy this one too💕😚

Aurora's POV:

Yesterday was a close call. It was one of the scariest things I had to go through. Standing in that room, trying to quiet down my heavy breathing, my rush of panic. Anything could've happened to me, I could've been killed.

I should feel a bit better today but I don't, the events still linger in my mind. Luckily, Tristan came back in time. But who was downstairs yesterday? Who could've followed us all the way to another continent? Who is so hellbent on hurting me?

I guess I won't know.

Tristan has made it his job to make sure our honeymoon runs smoothly, so he hired security to be on call if something was to happen. But he told me that they'll not be disturbing our 'romance' and that they won't be accompagning us because we need privacy, they'll just be at the villa. He keeps forgetting that we don't have any romance. Yes we're married, but our marriage is void of love. It's mainly just him being possessive and crazy dominant, and me being a coward, scared of him. That's not the basis of a healthy relationship.

But what can I do?

I don't want to be alone with him for so long, he's always making me feel something. Take yesterday for example, when I cried and he made me feel better. That's something I've never had, I felt somewhat safe in his arms. I know he's rude and heartless, I know that. But he's my husband now and I feel like I have to accept him however he is, no matter how hard it can be. Besides, it's not like I can ever find someone. And even if I did, Tristan would kill them in a heartbeat. He still scares me but I'm trying my best to change and understand him.

I roll over to glance at the clock on the bedside table. It's 8AM in the morning, I suppose I woke up pretty early considering how late I stayed up last night. Tristan was extremely angry, he was making phone calls in the middle of the night and looking like he wants to strangle someone. I tried to help him calm down and it kind of worked. I can't imagine having that kind of responsiblities.

I cautiously get out of bed, not wanting to wake Tristan up. I don't want to face him to be honest, yesterday was embarassing enough as it is. I'm glad I stopped it before it went further. Obviously, I know he can't wait for me to give him my innocence forever. He's already getting annoyed at me for telling him to stop. But believe it or not, I still have hope that I will escape.

Since I have no clothes here, I wear the outfit I travelled in and head downstairs. The villa is on lockdown and the shutters are blocking me from seeing the beautiful oceanic view. I move around looking for a switch to open the shutters and I eventually find one.

Only now am I able to see the beauty of the island by day. It's absolutely breathtaking. The bright sun lights up the entire villa and nothing but the sound of the waves crashing on the shore is heard.

I walk over to the kitchen to find it fully prepped. The fridge is full of food and so is the pantry. If I had've known, I would've made dinner last night. Okay, I wouldn't have because I was tired. But I guess since I'm bored and can't get out until Tristan wakes up, I'll make breakfast.

I open up the fridge, pulling out eggs, fruit, milk, basically everything I need. I step away to tie my hair as I don't want it near the food, then I turn on the coffee maker and start brewing the coffee. Whilst that's happening, I cut off some tropical fruit and put it in bowls, placing them to the side. I move on to cook the eggs, bacon and finally toast. Everything looks so fresh and the view just makes you feel energized.