Chapter one

A numb tingle ripples through my bones with the phone next to my ear. Throat feeling so tight. Unnaturally closed. Legs finding it hard to support the weight of my body. I stumble bath and fall flat on the leather sofa while my head swirly and vision becomes dizzy. I almost end up forgetting about the voice on the other side of the phone. "I'm truly sorry for your loss." With that the phone call ends with a crackle and I launch the phone on the other side of the room, not bothering if I smashed the screen. A hard feeling in my chest makes an appearance, accompanied with a larger lump in my throat.

The room is eliminated by only a single lamp in the corner of this empty space. A buzz from my mobile informs me its not broken, yet i don't rush to retrieve it. I sit on the sofa with an empty gap next to me where my mother should be sat. A tear rolling sends a shiver down my spine.

She's gone. My only family left, has left for good. They say the car flipped. No suspects and no witnesses. Just a CCTV camera catching the event. My legs start to tingle from being in the awkward position for so long. The lighting outside turns from sunset red to evening gray blue. Endless buzzing finally starts to get irritating. It stops and my phone starts to play its ring tone; Dance Dance by Fall Out Boy. I honestly don't want to answer it so i just leave it.

You are reserving a voice mail from 'Niall'. "Hi Kay, why are you dodging my texts? Is something wrong? I've been trying to get hold of you for nearly two hours and your starting to worry m-"

"Niall." I pick up the phone and things go quiet apart from the sound of someone, probably Niall, telling people to hush in the background. Can he tell I've been crying? Hear the strain in my voice? "She's gone, Niall. She's gone and I'm never gonna get her back."

"What? Who's gone? Keera, what are you talking about?" His Irish voice stumbling over its self to get all the words out at once. The laughter going on in his area dies and he had to restrain a high British voice that sounds so familiar. "My mum." This last bit comes out as a whisper, "She's gone Niall, she's dead..."

That all familiar numb feeling returns. She's dead. I know that, but it doesn't seem real. I can't accept it to myself that she isn't here anymore, that she's gone for good. That she's never coming back and I'll never see her again. She's never going to see her grandchildren, or me on my wedding day, or live to see her next birthday that we were both so excited for.

After a few minutes of hushed conversation on the other end of the line, Niall informs me on his plan. "I'm coming to get you, just try to hand in there until tomorrow. Liam's just got me aboard the seven am ferrie to Ireland, I'm going to look after you, okay? I'll be there soon and everything will be alright agai-"

"Niall you don't have to. Don't put your life on hold for me." The thought of him dropping everything just to take care of me make a guilty feeling spread across my chest.

"I know I don't have to. I know that. I want to. Your my best friend and you have been since we were four. I'm only doing for you what you would do for me if the tables were turned. I've got to go, Liam just spilt milk on Harry's hair and he's going to get murdered. Pack some clothes and I will be there soon. Bye princess."

"Bye, Nialler." With a crackle, the call ends and I'm sat in a bitter silence. Missing the clank of pottery as dinner is being cooked. The gentle him of Fur Elise or whatever it's called. 

In an angry mess I run upstairs to my room, open my window and scream into the street. "Why take her away from me?! Your no God, if you were, you would have freaking saved her today and she wouldn't be dead! Fuck you, your a motherfucking bitch that doesn't care about any of us! You never have!"

I slide down my bedroom wall and cry. Pretty soon, I'm a slave to my streamlined of blackness.

________________

May not be the best start to a one direction fanfic, but it's something hehe, comment, vote, tell me what you think. Could you check out my other stories? Second chapter will be up as soon as possible my little penguins xx