Chapter 16

*Chris*

It was hard to walk out on Kim but I'm not going lie, I was hurt when I seen her pulled up to the house in Rashad's car. Then I think she made it very clear to me that she just wanted to remain friends.

The first place I went to was my mom's house. She had got it finished last month. She says she wanted to make it an office but then she made it a nursery. I felt kind bad for making 3 grandchildren for her that why I got her whole basement finished for her & now it's an office, gym, entertainment center, & a playroom. That costed a pretty penny too but it was worth it.

The thing I'm having second thoughts on is the surprise I had for Kim. The bomb she just dropped on me had me think I just wasted a ton of money.

I parked my car and rang the doorbell. Marcus answered the door, I said wassup but my main reason for coming was to see my mom, & to talk to her.

"Mom! Where you at?" I yelled.

"I'm in the kitchen!" She yelled back.

I walked in the kitchen and have my mom a hug and a kiss, "how are you?"

"I'm great. What's wrong? How you doing?"

"Why does it have to be something wrong?"

"It doesn't have to be, but there is," she stated, now giving me her full attention, "so what's wrong?"

"Do I seem to really want to be with Kim?"

"Yeah?" She responded, kind of skeptical.

"After all I've done to prove it, Kim finally decides that I'm not who she wants and just wants to remain friends."

Those words stung leaving my lips. I was heated.

"Did she say it in those exact words?"

"Basically! I asked her about us and she still doesn't know. How many months? And we're still going no where fast. I got upset and left out, though I shouldn't have. I felt bad for leaving out on her and went back about two hours later. Her car was there but she wasn't. I didn't think to much of it until I wasn't getting an answer from her when I was blowing up her phone. She got back around nine and she was in Rashad's car."

"Well did you ask her what was the reason she was with him? I mean there could be a reasonable explanation for it," my mother asked me, "or did you just start assuming things?"

"That's not the point mom," I defended myself, "I asked her if Rashad was the one she wanted and she said no. I called her out on her shutting me down whenever I brought up the relationship situation. She then turned the tables on me and brought up when I use to do it after I graduated from college. Then finished off by saying that she just stopped asking about it all together and just continued to be my friend."

"So, what you're saying to me is, out of the whole conversation you had with her. You got that you're just her best friend?"

I just nodded.

"You two need to have a clear conversation. No metaphors. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. Maybe a therapist too."

I shook my head in protest, "I'm just going to chill out. I can't do this anymore. i mean if I wasn't doing this alone then I would be able too. But if I'm fighting for this all alone then I give up because there's no point."

"If you're not going to take my advice why did you come over here?"

"I guess I just needed somebody to listen to me."

"Well maybe you should've had Kim listen to you. That's the only way she'll know exactly how you feel."

"I'm good. I'm just gonna chill," I said kissing my mom on the cheek and making my exit.