Chapter 1.

"River! Get your skinny little butt down here now. We are going to be late for the plane." My mom said.
" Hold on mom, I'm trying to finish getting ready, you know how hard that is when everything is packed away!"
Looking into the mirror, I think I'm just about done, I have on my light blue jean shorts with a beautiful flower top, paired with my white toms. My hair is just right, long flowing curls falling just above my butt, I've always loved my long black hair and my big blue eyes to me those are my best features, I think I look good for this 12 and a half hour flight, my body isn't perfectly skinny but I've got the curves in all the right places although one thang is I'm pretty pale I need this beach sun maybe I'll finally be tan like my parents.

Walking down the stairs I see my mom stand by the door on the phone, I stand their and admiral her for a minute she truly is a beautiful woman. She has short brown hair, bright brown eyes, and a slim body. She's wearing a Hawai'i themed dress that makes her tan skin pop, benefits of working outside all day I'm sure. Sadly dad won't be accompanying us on our long trip to Hawaii, he had to fly over for business reasons a few days before us so we will be seeing him later.

Thankfully I'm not leaving any weaping friends behind, I've never been someone who has friends, I'm a loner type. Being homeschooled and then my obsession with my critters. I didn't get out much, I was always helping my mom, who would pass up that opportunity to spend all day in the water, swimming with different creatures, exploring for new species and the occasional rescues missions we had helped on. The water was our life, we lived by it and we loved by it.

" Ok mom I'm here and I'm ready let's get this show on the road, I can't wait to see the ocean!"

" Me either River, dad said it's magical down there, I was just on the phone with dad and he said the Mayor mentioned that the Hawaii Aquarium is offering me a job on their team, they will be teaching me and helping me learn everything about Hawaii and the marine life that calls their shores home. So with a job waiting for me, we best get going."

Although my dad is a wealthy man, he was always to busy to have a vacation or to spend any real family time together. So I've only been to an ocean a few times, honestly I can't even remember the last time I seen the ocean, I was pretty young and don't remember much. I've always had this factionalism with the ocean though, I've always been into the mystery's of the deep, what creatures live deep in the sea that we have not discovered yet, so many possibilities. I can't wait to land and start my adventure, I'm old enough now where I can go out on my own.

Walking into the airport is very over whelming Everyone's in a rush, it's loud and smells kind of funny. Well that's good ol Kentucky for you.
" River our flight is boarding now, the movers are finishing up packing the house and will send our thangs to us soon. We better get going."
She's walking so fast, I thought I was in a hurry to get out of this small town, she must be even more excited then me. Although I'm pretty nervous about the plane ride, me and heights don't do so well together.

Walking up to the plane through the tunnel is very bittersweet, here we are about to board, going to this beautiful paradise and I can't help but keep thinking of the ocean and all the things ill be able to do and explore. So many opportunities will present its self and I can't wait! Thankfully mom bought me the inside seat, there's no way I could set by the window.  Sadly I'm a big scarfs cat when it comes to heights, I'm really starting to get scared now, even the beautiful beach awaiting me hasn't calmed down my fears of the upcoming take off. Lord please bless this trip and help give a safe passage to all on board.

"Welcome to Pacific Airlines! It is time to start the countdown, we will be lifting off to beautiful Hawaii in 15 seconds! "

"Ok sweetie are you ready for this, it might get a little scary when we lift off, everything you feel is completely normal, so DO NOT FREAK OUT!" Mom said.

Oh lord oh lord oh lord mom I'm going to die! Before I even see the ocean. Every one start screaming 15 14 13 12 11 12 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 take off.
Here we go! I laid back in my seat not prepared for this at all, thinking of all the things that can go wrong in this moment. Everyone around me seems perfectly fine,  talking away fooling with things around them, no doubt trying to get comfy for this 12 hr trip across the states and then there's me freaking out looking like a total loser. It feels like we are going super fast right right now, the planes jerking back and forth, you can even hear the wind surrounding the plane and the pressure it causes makes little squeaks.
"Hmm are we sure this plane is even safe mom?"

" Sweetie it wouldn't be about to fly if it wasn't safe, don't be so silly."

"I think I'm going to have a heart-attack!"

"Your so dramatic just like ur father!" mom said