Chapter 8 Past is past

Deon POV

Hi! I’m Deon Gonzales, 19 years old, 3rd year Civil Engineering Student. I play drums and guitar and the lead vocalist of Alcatraz. As for sports, I’m the captain of our basketball team here in the University. By now, you know me as one of Isabelle’s best friends, right?

Well, that’s a start in getting to know me. Anyway, right now I’m with Gabrielle Galleros or Ella as I call her when it’s just the two of us and Gabby to others. Oh and—Alex Rodriguez is also with us. Did I mention that Alex is trying to get Ella? I’ve heard students from Civil Engineering talk about it. Apparently, someone heard Alex talk with his best friend Rona Guevarra about him liking Ella and that he’ll try to get her to go on a date with him. But that’s not gonna happen though. Why? ‘cause My Ella isn’t interested in guys. In fact I’m the only guy she’s close to apart from her father who died when she was 10 years old, which caused her to be hesitant in opening up to other guys. Why is it that I’m the exception? I guess it’s because she treats me like a brother. *sigh*

“So, Gab—pupunta ka mamaya sa bar?” tanong ni Alex kay Ella.

“YeP” Ella said, popping the letter P.

She looked so cute when doing so. And apparently, this guy thinks so as well.

I cleared my throat.

“Alex—are the new songs ready?” tanong ko kay Alex.

“Yes. I’m thinking of a ballad and then some rock music..what do you think our theme should be for this one?” sabi niya.

“Hmm..we’ve done love songs last time..what do you think?” I directed my question to Ella. Actually, this isn’t the first time I’ve asked for Ella’s opinion on the songs we should play. But Alex doesn’t know that. ‘cause I usually ask her when we’re alone. And last time we talked about these kinds of things, they caught me off guard so I blurted out the first thing that comes to mind. Which is to compose about love. And because we were having our exams, the rest of the band had to help. So yeah—it was a challenge but I managed to write one, with someone in mind of course.

“Well, you can maybe write about today’s youth?” she said.

“Hmm..that’s a good idea. What do you think Alex?” I said.

I saw him frown. “Umm—yeah. I think that’s a great idea. I can work on that. I might have it ready before our next performance.”

I nodded.

“Umm—guys. I gotta go.” She said.

“Sa’n ka pupunta?” tanong ko.

“Reyna invited me to lunch..” sabi niya.

“Oh? Sama ako..” I said.

I saw her eyebrows raised.

“Well, it’s been a while since I last talked to her..” I said. She sighed.

“Alex, you want to come with us?” I asked him. He looked surprised. He slowly nodded.

“Okay—let’s go?” I asked Ella. She narrowed her eyes. I smirked. Then she rolled her eyes and walked off, letting us trail behind her.

Gabrielle POV

Hello mga friends! Gabrielle Galleros here! 19 years old, 3rd year Nursing, Captain of Taekwondo Club and BFF of Isabelle. J

Nandito nga pala ako ngayon sa KFC kasama si Deon, Alex at si Reyna. Awkward much?

“Hey! I didn’t know you’d be here too..I would have ordered more..” sabi ni Reyna na may kunot sa noo pero may ngiti sa labi.