♡ Prologue ♡

"Sweetheart, I'll be back long before the end of summer social. Don't worry! I promise!" He kissed the top of my forehead and pulled me into a hug. I wrapped my arms tightly around his neck and inhaled his signature colonge. He wrapped his arms around my waist and we stood there, savoring every second we had left with each other.

"I know it's just it's the longest we will have ever been apart," I said, squeezing him tightly. He released my body and touched the silver heart shaped locket he had given me on the night of prom. He opened it and flashed a smile that I couldn't resist. It was a picture of him on the left and a picuture of both of us on the right. He closed the locket and let it drop back to my body.

"I love you Hannah." He kissed me on the lips lightly. I kissed him back happily. He cupped his hand on my cheek and slowly begun to open his mouth just a bit, exploring my mouth with his tongue. His mouth tasted like citrus tic tacs and minty toothpaste. I was going to miss this so much, I don't know how I will handle it. I hate this so much but I have to remind myself he'll be back in August.

"Now you stay away from all the boys while I'm away," he said, laughing. I shook my head and smiled. John is so protective of me it's crazy. "I promise I will," I said, holding up the locket. I never take it off. It helps me keep my cool whenever he isn't around.

"I know you will. I trust you." He smiled sweetly. He ran his hand through his thick dark hair. His dark brown eyes grew more and more sad. I would miss those eyes very much along with his cute French accent. Oh that's right I did ,emotion that John was born in Bordeaux, France? He's one hundred percent French like the rest of his family. That's where he's mainly visiting on his cruise. He misses it very much so I shouldn't make it harder than it already is for him to leave.

"I have to go Hannah. I'll miss you." I could already feel the tears coming out of my eyes. "Oh sweetheart don't shed any tears," he said, wiping the one off my cheek with his thumb. "I'll miss you too! I love you too John." We kissed one last time, and then he picked up his suitcase.

"John! It is time to go!" I heard his mother call out. He didn't want to leave and I don't want him to go. "Stay away from all those girls," I said, laughing. He turned around and smiled "Je t'aime ma belle fille !" That means I love you my beautiful girl in French. I blushed, blowing him a kiss. He dramatically caught it in the air and pressed it against his lips. I laughed as I saw him go aboard on the S.S. Compagnie du Ponant. I waved at him as he was waving back.

"All aboard! We are now departing Cape Cod, Massachusets and heading to Paris, France!" I heard the captain say. Shortly after, the boat started floating away. I saw John on the end, blown me kisses. I tried to break a smile, but more tears just came streaming down my face. He was now so far away he looked like a spec of dust. In the blink of and eye. He was gone.

They say never tak anything for granted, ever. I didn't realized how much I loved him until he was gone forever. What do I mean by that? Well you'll just have to find out. I warm you though, you will cry, laugh and maybe even get to angry you'll stop to just think about what just happened. All I can say is that it is so real.

♡♡♡

A/N: Hello everyone! So I just got this idea today for this book. It's a romance of course. I hope you all enjoyed it and will continue to show you love and support just like you do for my other novels. Please let me know if you like it! Show me show feedback! Either yay or nay! Will accept either! Also, if you would be so kind as to spare a vote. Thanks again for reading this little announcement and I hope you all have a great day!

~ juicyluci xxoo