1. Winter Wonderland

He smirks as he watches her from the small dining table inside the log cabin they found themselves stranded in. She is pouting, her lips pursing, her brows in a frown as she sits in front of the fire he was able to get going a little while ago.

Finally, he chuckles. And the sound makes her turn around to glare at him.

"What are you laughing about?"

He grins. "You."

Her frown deepens and she harrumphs as she turns back towards the fire.

"You're so cute," he softly utters, before standing up and getting the blanket by the chair in front of him. He walks to where she is and drapes it across her shoulders, which she tries to promptly shrug off. She is apparently still annoyed at him.

"Stop being stubborn. You look cold."

"And who's fault is that, huh?!"

His grin widens. "Well, who was it who wanted to take a walk and take photos of this, and I quote, 'winter wonderland' around us? I merely came with you."

"But you walked off the path!" She points an accusing finger at him.

"And yet you followed," he singsongs.

"And now we're stuck here, in this abandoned cabin, for God knows how long, because of this sudden freaking snow storm," she continues like he didn't even speak, her pout returning. "Plus my phone's battery is dead."

"It's a good thing I saw this cabin before the storm really hit, right? At least we're warm."

"Jia must be worried sick by now," she mutters under her breath, now pulling the blanket tighter around her. "Caesar too. And Darren! He must be phoning me right now!"

At the mention of Darren's name, it's his turn to frown and purse his lips. He knows that she said that deliberately, knowing how he would react towards the one guy in their group whom he considers a rival, on and off screen. Even though it's obvious to many that Darren is simply a friend to her and vice-versa.

Still, he couldn't help how he feels whenever she would do or say something like this.

So, he sits behind her and pulls her to him, reminding her who she is currently with and why she shouldn't even mention another guy's name when she is with the best one there is.

"Don't worry about them," he tells her quietly, his chin going on her shoulder, one arm of his going around her waist, as they now both stare at the ongoing fire. "They probably know we're ok."

She lets him cuddle her, even leaning her head against his and snuggling closer in his embrace, despite her earlier ire.

"And how do you even know that?" she asks back just as quietly, but still with a hint of annoyance. "Isn't your phone dead, too? That's what you told me a while ago."

He doesn't answer, simply humming in contentment when her warm hand goes on top of his and she entwines her fingers with his.

He hasn't told her yet that he called their friends, who are back at the main cabin his family owns, about where they're going. All while she was busy taking photos of the snow and the trees and him, at times, marveling at how awesome winter in the woods looks like - her words, not his.

He hasn't told her really about what he actually planned when he... walked off the path a while ago. And that his phone really isn't dead.

He hasn't even told her that this... abandoned cabin, as she called it, isn't really an abandoned one. But rather, one of the cabins their caretakers use whenever they don't want to stay at the main house. And how it's fully stocked with food and supplies and not exactly... well, abandoned.

"At least you were able to get the fire going. You're right, we're warm at least," she continues, taking his other hand and wrapping it around her. "I didn't even know you knew how to start a fire like that."

He kisses her cheek in reply before settling down once more on her shoulder, nuzzling her neck and smirking when he finally hears her small giggle. He knows that she would be mad at him again later once he tells her all about... this elaborate plan of his.

But for now, he'll savor this moment with her.

This winter moment with no one else around them except the snow swirling around and the fire keeping them warm.

This winter moment with just him and his girl.