Prologue

“Since the beginning of man, there was God and his helpers. Such as this realm, there is light and dark even among such beings of strong forces. Since the dawn of the creation of earth, the shadows of darkness grew and like all things dark, they rebelled. Such creatures wanted the light, the life blood of the stars and planets and thus in the process a war broke out between our light gods and the beings of shadow.        

        "During the war, a clash on earth killed its creatures and left it for dead, that is till the light beings won and aided our god in rebuilding the broken world. During that time, man was created and later a woman, so she may accompany the man. Later during their lives, the shadows grew and learn to manipulate and learned other arts such as possession and mimicry.

        "After a few generations the shadows touched man and a war broke out, a war of life and death. In the tyranny of battle, two clans emerge and when both clans nearly fought to extinction, the treaty of Balance was placed”

            The small girl said in unison with the old man’s last sentence. “Yes Daddy, I know. You tell me every night so I don’t forget.”

     The father smiled at his small daughter and he quickly picked her up and swung her around, laughing. He then placed his giggling daughter on his lap and said to her “I know child, but it is so you may remain safe and that way I can keep you safe and happy. Understand Andrea?”

     Andrea nodded “yes daddy.” He eyed her funny and rubbed her nose with his and they both laughed. They smiled and they then rested on the rich grass and just stared at each other. After a long moment, the father said

     “Oh my little girl, my darling, my life… How I want you to stay as you are, but as I can see, you are getting bigger by the day and also more beautiful.”

     Andrea did a quick laugh and replied “Daddy, we are on a hill with a tree above us and its dark.”

“Yes? What does that have to do with anything?”

“Meaning it’s late.”

“Yes? And?”

“Last time we been here, you thought I was mom and another time, you thought I wasn’t real and I was an angel.”

“And?”

“Daddy!” she laughs

“What? Can’t I enjoy my daughter by teasing her?”

        Andrea shifted and leaned on her elbow, keeping her on her side “No! Ha-ha!” Her father looked at her like a playful predator and before he pounced he quickly said

“Really, my little bunny?” He then softly tackled her and was pinning her on the ground and she was shrieking of laughter while trying to flee, but she failed when her father fully pinned both her arms and was nibbling her cheek.

“Daddy, no! That tickles! EW! You are getting me dirty!”

            After they had their fun, they both were headed back to their temple and as they walk, Andrea asked with excited eyes “So, what happened next?” Her father was amused and answered her question “Well, as the treaties power went into effect, the two mighty clans flourished by rebuilding and setting boundaries when we receive hunts and targets.

"The Templars-Which is us!” Andrea said quickly, fully heartedly.

“Yes My sweet heart. We are working hard to flourish our clan once more like it did in the past days of light. Now, we are getting back our connections on the senate and soon we will be welcome back as personal guards for the emperor. Now for the Kyakiri clan, they remain in their shadows and never were heard from again but I am certain they are planning something and will show it to us soon in battle.” As her father said those final words, this saddens her and she looks up at the large moon.