Chapter 3; ugh, it sucks balls.

*waves* Hello my lovely chicken poos. This is a pre-written part, hence why I'm updating so quick. Anyway, do make sure to leave your thoughts! Enjoy ;)

* * *

Ophelia.

The house was quiet when she stepped in, warm from the still glowing fireplace and stuffy from the windows being closed all day long. Ophelia called out to her mama, wondering if she was home. There came no reply. She was probably having a late shift at the library. Whenever the chance came up, her mama always took it.

Her house wasn't much since they weren't exactly rich, but it was more than she could have hoped for. They lived in a small cottage on the outskirts of town, right at the edge of the forest. She had enjoyed the green scenery and the hushed silence of nature before she met him. But now, it was a quiet reminder that danger lurked.

The wolves didn't like her and she wouldn't put it past them to make her life miserable in some way. Whether her mother knew or not.

Ophelia walked through to the kitchen at the back of the cottage and checked the lock on the glass door. It was closed. From where she stood, she could see the path that led into the forest as if it beckoned her in. She hadn't stepped foot there in over two years. Truthfully, Ophelia didn't have the balls to.

After a simple bowl of mac and cheese, she cleaned her dishes and returned to her bedroom. She had painted the walls a bright yellow colour whilst her furniture was a mismatch of old vintage collections. She loved her desk the most with its paint-stained top and deep oak colour. It stood in front of her window that overlooked the forest, scattered with paintbrushes and random pieces of paper. Her art project was due in two weeks time and Ophelia wasn't exactly the cleanest of artists.

With a sigh, she dropped her rucksack on the foot of her bed, ignoring the messy purple sheets. Her pillow had a big blue stain on it from where she spilt some oil paint. That time, her mama had nearly bitten her head off in outrage. Ophelia's hair was a disarray of wild chopstick curls that required intricate care for it to look presentable. Whilst she held her father's heritage, with deep brown skin and the matching curls, she took after her mother with her eyes. The only thing that she had inherited from her.

Her mother had wanted to call her Jade when she had been born since her eyes were the colour of the gem. But Ophelia's grandmother claimed that it wouldn't match her personality. To this day, she wasn't quite certain how grandma Rose knew, but it turned out to be true.

Either way, her mama ensured that she had the proper tools and products to take care of her hair. Even if she had to spend a fortune on silken pillows that Ophelia had a tendency to ruin.

On her way to the bathroom, she scratched Otters- her cats- head. He loved attention, even if he pretended that he didn't.

Ophelia stripped out of her clothes and filled the tub with water and lavender oils. Her body ached, as it usually did, whenever the full moon neared. Clara, her therapist, had ensured that she was made aware of the changes her body would go through now that she knew who her mate was, even if he didn't want her. The full moons were the worst where she could feel the pull of his soul hoping to sway the pair to each other. The night would always be filled with agony. At those times, she could feel every touch that he gave Sarah.

She submerged herself in the water, ducking down until the water reached her chin. She shared the bathroom with her mama since their cottage only posed of two bedrooms. It was probably the best room of the house as the bathtub faced the window that overlooked one side of the forest. Her mama claimed that it was safe because no one ventured this far out of the town and near the forest. Even the mailman delivered their post to the library where her mama worked, out of fear of the darkness in the trees.