Shawn Mendes

For: @mendesdayum

-

I was here at some college party that I really didn't want to be at. My friend had dragged me along and was currently m.i.a. So I was standing next to the chips, looking like an extreme loser. A boy and his friend made their way to the snack table. I didn't think much of them until I looked over and found the one staring at me. I felt my face blush before I turned away, but watched them from the corner of my eye. The guy who was staring at me nodded at his friend and patted him on the shoulder. The friend left, going onto the dance floor as he started to walk my way. "Hey." I gave a polite smile, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. "Hi." He smiled a gorgeous smile and moved to my side so he wasn't in the way of the snack table. "I'm Shawn." I smiled. "Morgan." He just nodded, licking his lip and looking over to the dance floor. I couldn't help but stare at him a little. He was beautiful. "You wanna dance?" Shawn leaned towards me so I could hear him better over the music. I felt my face heat up again as I shook my head no. "Why not?" Shawn asked, starting to smile again. I shrugged. "I'm not much of a dancer." He nodded, scanning the room again. "How about beer pong?" Again, I shook my head no. Shawn gave me a friendlier smile. "You're not into this party stuff, are you?" I shook my head no again, kicking at the floor a little in my vans. He grabbed my hand, pulling me to his side. "Wanna go somewhere else? I know a nice little park right down the road we can walk to." I shrugged. Why not? I let Shawn pull me out of the very crowded place. Not even bothering to tell my friend I left, I walked out into the fresh night air. Shawn never took his hand back, so I held his. "Friend bring you along?" I giggled, nodding and swinging our hands a little as we walked down the sidewalk. "Yeah. I rather just sit at home and watch some Netflix or something." Shawn chuckled, swatting his hand at a fly that went to land on my shoulder. "Same. I mean like, the friend bringing me along thing. I'd rather be at home playing the guitar and singing." I smiled up at him, intrigued by his talents. "You can sing?" Shawn tilted his head a little. "I'm not the best but-" I cut him off. "I'm sure you're amazing. You'll have to sing to me." We walked into the little park area. No one was here since it was nearly one in the morning. We headed over to the playground part and I sat on the steps while he stood at a small platform below me. We were still at the same eye level though. I let go of his hand so i could sit down. "You want me to serenade you?" I laughed, filling the quiet night. Shawn laughed too, smiling a little. "No! I guess if you sang though - I don't know." He waved it off, not wanting to ponder on it. "Nah it's fine, but don't laugh at me." I smiled, giving him a thumbs up. He cleared his throat and then began singing. Let me tell you, that boy has the voice of an angel. "So baby be the life of the party." I just sat there, staring at him as he sang. He was cute, a great singer and a funny guy. How is he single!? As he finished the last note, he looked down at me and raised an eyebrow. I started clapping as if I was at a concert and whistled. Shawn laughed, plopping down next to me. "You're fucking awesome." He smirked, pretending to dramatically look into the distance. "I know." I smacked his shoulder playfully and he wrapped an arm around me, pulling me to him. I sighed quietly to myself, resting my head on his shoulder as we leaned back on the steps. "See? I prefer this and not parties where the girls are wasted and crawling on the floor." I smiled, inhaling his lovely cologne. "Yeah, me too."

So we just lied there, staring up at the stars and talking about pointless things. It varied from most embarrassing moments to pickles, random topics but fun ones. I checked my phone and the time read that it was nearly three a.m and I had one call from my friend. "Ugh." I moaned, clicking on the voicemail and listening to it. It was her friend saying that she was drunk and had needed to be token home. Sliding my phone back into my pocket, I just nuzzled my head more into his shoulder. "I should go home, but I don't wanna." Shawn chuckled, pulling me closer to his body. "We could just spend the night here." I looked up at him, his eyes already focused on me. "I don't think that's even legal."

"Hobos do it." He said smiling as I laughed. We sat up though, slowly and in denial really. I could stay all night with him. He then stood up, grabbing my hand and helping me up too. "I had fun tonight, Morgan." I grinned and nodded. "Me too." Shawn took my phone out of my hand and started typing in it. As I stood there confused he just typed something small in and handed it back. "Now you have my number. Text me next time your friend wants to go to a party and then you can say your busy. I'll be there with popcorn for our Netflix marathon." I smiled, shaking my head at this boy. He smiled too, his teeth so white the moonlight practically reflected off them. "Okay. Thanks, Shawn." He wrapped his arms around my waist, bringing my body to his. "Anytime." He whispered as I rested my hands on his shoulder. I didn't plan for this to happen, but it did and it was perfect. His lips were so soft and smooth. After the kiss he rested his forehead on mine. "Actually, just text me. Party or no party we can have a movie night." I giggled, quickly kissing his lips once more. "Okay." Shawn smiled, giving my body a tight hug before letting go and walking away. I looked for his number and found him under "Shawn <3" I laughed into the darkness. I don't even care that I have to walk home!

----------------------------------------

Sorry this took long!! 💘