Chapter 8

A/N: I know I'm superly late in writing this chapter, but I couldn't think of what to write next :/ I finally got around to writing though so please don't throw rocks at me :( I'll be good from now on, promise :) This chapter may not have a lot but the coming up chapters should definitly help ya understand more of what's really going on :D So please don't leave my loyal readers XD

Chapter 8

“Jake’s mad at you, you know. He said he wasn’t going to talk to you no matter how much you begged him.” I said, warning him of the silence to be expected. Erik hadn’t been able to come for Jake’s birthday party because work had held him up, but he had come the following weekend in hopes of gaining Jake’s forgiveness. Unfortunately, the little guy could hold a grudge.

“But didn’t he like the present I got him?” Erik asked hopefully.

“Oh he loved your gift. We haven’t been able to take the thing away from him since he opened it.” I said, cringing at the thought of Jake’s gift. “But did you have to buy him a guitar? It sounds like a cat being strangled and beaten. Why couldn’t you just get him a video game or something?”

 Erik simply laughed, as if knowing that Jake having a guitar would be torturous for us.

After helping Erik bring his luggage into the house, we set out to find Jake—which wasn’t hard considering the amount of noise he was making.

Peeking into Jake’s room, I saw he was standing in the middle of his room strumming the guitar before pretending to smash it.

“Hey Jake, guess what?” I said, whispering to him.

Looking up, Jake merely smiled and stuck his tongue out while giving me the rock on sign with his fingers. “What?” He asked. “Are you here to mesmerize at my greatness?”

Walking up to him I smacked him in the face. “No you retard. And trust me no one would ever be mesmerized by you.”

“Whatever. You’re just jealous you can’t play the guitar like me,” Jake said, sticking his tongue out at me. “So what did you want?”

“Oh yeah, guess who came to see you?” Walking to the door I announced, “Erik!” At seeing Erik, Jake crossed his arms and turned away. “Now, now. Stop being such a sour puss and give your favorite cousin, who bought you that awesome guitar, a hug.” Jake simply stuck his tongue out at me before turning away again. “Hey! I said come give Erik a hug, you little brat!” Grabbing Jake in a choke hold, I began dragging him to the door where Erik stood laughing at Jake’s state.

NO! I don’t wanna!” Jake complained as he struggled to release himself from my hold.

“Leave him be, Sam. If he doesn’t wanna talk to me, that’s fine. I’ll just take my gift back and tell my aunt I won’t be going to Disney Land with ya.” Erik said, as he slowly began making his way towards Jake’s guitar.

“No!” Jake yelled as he freed himself from my hold and ran towards his guitar, holding it protectively away from Erik. A tear began making its way down Jake’s small rounded cheek as he slowly looked up at Erick and said in the cutest of voices, “Please don’t take my new guitar away.”

Rubbing Jake’s head, Erick let out a small chuckle before replying with, “Don’t worry kid, I won’t take it away.”

Jake immediately cheered up and wiped away the stray tear as he beamed at Erik and asked, “Are you really coming to Disney Land with us?”

“Yup. Your parents invited me to come with ya, so here I am,” Erik said.

Jake and Erik then started talking about what rides they were going to ride and where they were going to eat, leaving me to retreat to my room alone. As I sat there, I began sulking at the idea of not being able to join the family. I hated knowing that I couldn’t go out into the sun for too long or I would faint. It just didn’t seem fair. But who was I to talk about a fair life when from the beginning it wasn’t fair. My real parents had abandoned me, I don’t have any childhood memories before I was eight, and I can’t go out into the sun from some stupid disease.