Epilogue

Gabriel

Weekends used to be my favorite time. I liked to spend them with Emily, teaching her how to fish on her Grandpa's old boat with Rudy happily scaring all of the fish in the near vicinity away, taking her to the beach to build sand castles taller than she was, or sleeping in and vegging on the couch with cartoons.

I don't know if I'm getting older, or the clocks in my house have all spontaneously sped up, but it seems as though the weekends grow shorter and shorter as time passes. This one felt like I blinked and it was gone.

Light filters through the window and spills across the beautiful woman sprawled naked on the bed next to me. It feels like she just got here and now it's already Sunday and time for her to go.

For the past year, Chloe had seamlessly become a part of my weekend routine with Emily—who couldn't have been more overjoyed. If you asked her, she was ecstatic about having another girl in the house to recruit in her campaigns against me. I almost think Chloe comes each weekend to spend time with Emily as much as with me.

I can't find it in my heart to be jealous. I suppose it's my lot in life to be surrounded by beautiful women.

My alarm starts to blare, but I silence it with a swipe of my finger. Chloe stirs, but doesn't wake, and I spend the next half hour tracing her beautiful tanned skin with the backs of my fingers and the lightest pressure from my nails.

After a while, when her skin is covered in goose bumps, she comes awake with a languorous stretch. She blinks sleepily up at me and smiles. My fingers still in their quest across her skin and I zero in on her mouth.

"What is it?" she says and covers her lips with a hand as she yawns. I put a hand to her hip and pull her close. She squeals and pulls away, leaping from the bed still naked to back away from me. "Not before I brush my teeth!"

I smile and feel quite pleased with myself as she stalks across the room. Because in her hurry, she forgot to put clothes on, leaving all of my favorite parts visible. Water splashes in the bathroom and she hums. If that didn't cement my decision, I don't know what the hell would.

She comes out, still gloriously naked, and rests one hip on the edge of the bed. I frown at the distance between us and jerk her back with one smooth flex of my arm. She squawks and then her body is pressed against mine.

"What's gotten into you?" she asks, her voice muffled by a swift exhalation as I nip her throat.

"Let's stay in bed for a while," I say against her skin.

At my words, she softens beneath me, her arms coming around my waist, one staying on my back to soothe and the other diving into my hair. Her legs tangle with mine and she sighs contentedly in my ear.

"I really should go. I'll be back next weekend. I'm even going to see if I can get Friday off. Sienna still feels guilty even though it's been over a year. I can talk her into pretty much anything these days since I've mostly taken over the business."

"Yeah, I don't think that's going to work for me," I say as I wedge myself between her sweet thighs. Her legs go around my waist almost automatically, her feet digging into the backs of my legs. Color paints her cheeks a bright pink. I lean forward to kiss both of them in turn and then follow the flush down her neck to her chest. Her breathing grows more labored, then she gasps and grabs my hair with both hands just when things are getting interesting.

I frown up at her. "What?"

"What do you mean that's not going to work for you?" she asks.

Hitching my hips up, teasing her, I smirk when her hands ball into fists against me. "What do you think I mean?"

She can't talk for a second, and even when she does her voice is hoarse. "Don't, Gabe, it's too early. I need coffee before we start arguing."

"I've got what you need," I say, before I take one flushed nipple in my mouth.

I never get tired of her body, the way she responds to me. When I line myself up to her entrance and drive in with one thrust, her eyes widen and her mouth parts on a soundless scream. Her hands grapple for a hold on my shoulders, but I don't give her a second to adjust.

It takes me a few seconds to work through the searing pleasure that she isn't trying to hold onto me—she's hitting me.

I pause my thrusts, my cock swelling as I take in the flushing, seething mad female writhing beneath me. "What the hell are you doing?"

"How dare you?"

I catch her wrists in one hand and hold them above her head, far away from my vulnerable parts. Her hips jerk against me, but I've got her pinned to the bed so her movements only serve to drive us both completely insane.

"How dare I what?" I ask, my voice husky.

"You're breaking up with me during sex?" she asks incredulously.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

She gestures wildly with her head and rolls her eyes. "This isn't going to work for you?"

Words fail me, so I laugh against her throat.

"Oh, I'm glad you think this is so funny," she says.

I leverage up on one hand so I can use the other to brush away the hair from her face. Her eyes are glittering and her full lips are pressed into a line.

Using my thumb, I draw across her lower lip and then take it into my mouth, leaving it glistening from my attention. "I'm not breaking up with you, baby."

I take my finger now and swipe it across her lip to gather the moisture, then I trail it down her stomach. Her breath hitches in her chest when my hand reaches between us to stroke her.

"T-then what did you mean?"

"I want you," I say.

Her lips twitch. "Yeah, I think I got the message."

"No," I say, trying to concentrate on the right words, which is hard when she clenches around me like she's trying to make us two parts of one whole. "I mean I don't want you to leave."

Her expression softens and she leans up to kiss me with pouty lips. "I don't want to leave, either."

My pace quickens and her breath catches. "Then don't."

She arches, baring her neck to me and I lave kisses along the line of her throat. "God, if you don't get to the point, I'm going to go crazy here."

I take her face in my hands and capture her gaze with mine as she wraps her now free arms around me. We're connected in every possible way, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

"Marry me," I say.

"What?" she asks.

"Marry me," I say again.

"Oh, God, Gabe," she moans.

Her fingers dig into my sides and she constricts around me without warning. Throaty moans fill the air around me and I lose focus as everything goes white-hot.

A few minutes—or hours—later, when I manage to catch my breath, I say, "I'm going to take that as a yes."

CONTINUE THE SERIES -

ONE CLICK NOW!

Access top-secret bonus scenes, giveaways, and exclusive content by becoming a member .

If you loved Anchor, you'll enjoy my new spin-off Last to Leave series starting with the thrilling military romantic suspense !

Looking for sweet with a dash of forbidden? You'll love the Friend Zone Series. is now available!

Don't miss my dark romance with a villain you'll love to late. One click now!

Want to connect with me? Stalk me on , like my , or join my exclusive Reader Group, .

I would love your help in spreading the word about my books, including telling a friend. Reviews help sell books. If you liked my book, would you consider leaving a review for ?

XOXO, Nicole