THIRTEEN - IF I COULD FLY

★彡 THIRTEEN 彡★

★彡 THIRTEEN 彡★

trigger warning! slight mention of an anxiety attack + paul prenter.
best read while watching the video above.

"THIS SONG I'M GONNA SING FOR YOU IS A SONG I RARELY PERFORM ON STAGE." Elijah announced with his deep British accented voice, making fans screamed louder.

He didn't even realize that time flew so fast that it's almost his 20th time to perform in America and that it's also been a week since he was able to talk to Freddie after that disastrous night where Paul answered the phone and left Elijah in shambles. Now, whenever he calls at night, there was a pattern— no one returns the phone call or Paul is the one who answers instead. You can guess that it caused his anxiety to skyrocket and his anger issues to worsen even more as each day passed with him not being able to talk to Freddie. His lover. His boyfriend.

Paul picking up the phone meant only one thing. He has probably been staying at Freddie's house for a long, long time since Elijah went away and that mere thought bothered him to the core, what has that man been doing to Freddie?

He knew he should've felt relieved at least because Roger, Brian and John are there with him and they can always look after Freddie when Paul's around. The only problem is that Queen has taken a short break from recording and from what John told him the last time they talked over the phone, they haven't seen Freddie for a week too.

He was borderline hysterical, the thought of leaving his tour abruptly and coming to see Freddie in person was urging him but he wasn't that reckless. He knew the consequences of doing something that ridiculous— he may never be able to perform again. Thus, he kept it in himself, despite the fact that both his mind and heart teamed up to have him give in to temptation.

"It's called If I Could Fly, if you guys know the song, please sing along." Elijah finally spoke, a wry smile on his face as he turned around before strumming his guitar softly. A million thoughts reminding him of Freddie running into his mind but he did his best to keep them at bay.

"If I could fly, I'd be coming right back home to you." Elijah started, his voice stuttering a bit as he closed his eyes, trying to continue the song without shaking and breaking down in front a thousand people.

"I think I might give up everything, just ask me to."

Freddie, please. Elijah begged internally. I'll give up everything for you, just tell me you're okay.

"Pay attention, I hope that you listen 'cause I let my guard down

Right now I'm completely defenseless."