I hate you!!

Zuko was not happy. Azula's birthday has just passed which means Asahi's is coming up soon .

Meaning everyone, and I mean everyone, are preparing for the celebration.

For Azula not much happened but the memory of her birth was enough for most of the midwives, noble ladies and even Ursa to stay in their rooms for most of her birthday. Their was a party in the capital that lasted for 5 hours. A sign that the princess' importance  was little in the eyes of the Fire Lord so she doesn't deserve a full celebration of 8 hours.

Ozai was not happy but was ecstatic to learn that his third child would be getting a grand celebration. Asahi was in Azulon's favor now and Ozai was going to use it to his advance.

Zuko's birthday meant nothing. The only person to celebrate with him was his mother and younger brother. Zuko wasn't jealous of Azula. Her birthday was the reason Ursa almost became infertile.

Her birthday was a disaster. A miss calculation.A mistake.

Ursa was sick when she conceived and they almost had a miscarriage two times. When Azula was finally born it took three days. Azula was finally born with a stillborn twin.

Her birth was not a happy memory for anyone present.

Asahi's birth however was the same day 2 Earth Kingdom strong holds fell to the Fire Nation. Just his birth was a reminder of national pride. Zuko was envious of that.

Everyone wanted to celebrate his baby brother. Everyone thought he was oh so perfect.

Zuko hated it. He hated it. He hated it so much that....that no matter....what he dose for his nations love, for had father's pride and sister's respect.... he'll never get it. Not in this life.

But he'll always have Mom right? Mom won't leave him. She loves him.

Three months later.

She left. Ursa left.

Gone.

Vanished.

She left no trance, no hint to where she was going and that worried Zuko. He didn't even care that his Grandfather was dead. He didn't care that Lu Ten is dead. He didn't care that his father was the Fire Lord.

He just wanted his Mom back.

Asahi when he found out went straight into training. Non stop. He always kept himself busy, never stopping for more than an hour.

Azula didn't care. If she did she had a funny way of showing it. Zuko thought to himself when he'd see his sister laughing with Mai and Ty Lee. She never loved their mother at all!! Azula was a monster in Zuko's eyes. A monster no one but their father wants.

But, she was still his sister, and he still loved her.

Their father showed no concern.
Azula on the inside was in denial, spilling out her fears to Ozai who she began seeing less and less of.
He would always say he was a busy Fire Lord, not a complete lie they had a war going on after all, but she knew he had time.

Ozai knew why Ursa left. He kept it from Azula and Zuko because he knew they couldn't handel that it was out of their control. Both his children needed control and when they lost it chaos happens. So he kept the truth between himself, Ursa and Asahi.

He told his youngest child for many reasons. He loved his son, Asahi didn't need constant control, he was a fighter, a stubborn spirit that refused to cry and grieve. The perfect son Ozai had asked for 10 years ago.