3. Mary

"Hello. I'm Mary." Said the lady with a smile.

"Hi I'm Maya." I said.

"Where are you heading dear?"

"Boston how about you?"

"Me too! Isn't that a coincidence?!" Honestly I don't know, is it? Or did you follow me here?! Oh come on Maya now you're being paranoid.

"Yes it's so great!" I simply replied

Then we just sat there silently for a little while. I was thinking about saying something but she got to it first.

"So. What's wrong" She asked concerned.

"Nothing. Why would anything be wrong?" I started to ask myself if she knew something but she just seemed concerned that I looked a complete mess. I mean I would be too if I saw someone with puffy eyes, dirty clothes, shaking hands, and their hair was a mess. I mean I look a complete wreck!

"Honey I saw you running to your house. You were crying and shaking but I couldn't just walk up to your door and ask what was wrong I didn't want you to be embarrassed that someone saw you like this."

"Look Mary thank you for caring so much but I'm fine. I don't know what you are talking about last night I was home all night." It felt terrible lying to Mary. She obviously cared a lot. But why?

"Ok." She replied. The rest of the ride we kept our mouths shut and didn't say anything to anyone.