Chapter 2

What was Blake doing here? He made it perfectly clear two years ago that he never wanted to see me againand would never return to New York. I remember the harsh words he yelled at me like it was yesterday. 

"I can't believe I trusted you! After everything I went through you just didn't care and told everyone! How could you Amber! Why? Your such a...." 

I shook my head not wanting to think of that horrible day thta changed my life. I looked away from Blake, not wanting him to see me. I covered my face with my long blonde hair as best as I could to prevent him from notcing me. He sat across the room from me, maybe he wouldn't see me.... 

A loud bang woke me up from my thoughts. I turned around to look where the noise came from while still trying to keep my face covered as best as I could. The teachercam rushing into the classroom with many papers in her hands. 

"Sorry for being late class, the first day of school isn't really my favorite day of the year." Some kids replied to her by mumbling I agree or same here.

She was now in the front of the classroom. She set down all of her papers on her small wooden desk and grabbed a plain old clip board. "Anyway, I'm Mrs.Lee and I'm your first period history teacher for the year. Okay lets go ahead and start the day off with attendance."

Crap. I'm dead. He is going to notice me now when the teacher calls my name! What to do? What to do? I give up. I guess I should just answer when she calls my name. I mean Blake is now back at this school so he is going to see me in the halls or in the lunch room. I can't hide all year. But that still doesn't mean that I am not freaking out. The last tme I saw him it didn't go very well, what is he going to say to me two years later?! As he forgot about everything and moved on or is he here to make me miserable? 

"Amber Day?" Mrs.Lee asked pulling me out of my mental rant. 

"Oh, I'm right here." I pushed my hair out of my face and looked at Blake right after she called me. He didn't even look up. I was at least expecting him to look at me. I mean he knew it was me, right? 

"Blake Foster?" Mrs.Lee asked while she looked around the way to small classroom. As I looked at her closely I noticed she looks a lot like my mother used to. She has dark brown hair, a greenish- gray eye color, and a small nose like my mom used to. 

"Here." Blake had no emotion what so ever in his voice but still the sound of his voice was so nice to hear. I haven't heard his wonderful voice in two years up until now. And boy was I happy to hear it. I missed him so much when he left. I was happy to see him but still things will never be the same with us and that's a fact. 

The rest of the class went on quickly. We just organized our binder we would need for the class and she gave us some extra materials we would need to bring with us everyday to class. While she talked through out the class I would look at Blake from the corner of my eyes. Not once did he look at me or turn around. He kept his eyes on the teacher listening to her and doing what she said. Hmm

The bell rang and I rushed out of class. I just needed to get out of that classroom, away from Blake and think. What the heck is he doing here?! I started making my way towards the room where my art class takes place when the back of my shirt was yanked. I quickly turned around to see Blake staring at me. What the? I turned back around and started walking once again. His words caught me off guard.

"Remember Me?" He asked the same words that the note from earlier in the morning read, confirming to me that Blake wrote me that note. I just stared at him not saying one word. I just looked at him. He looked much different two years ago. Now he was taller, maybe 6 foot, and much much stronger. He was wearing a plain black shirt and some jeans. His short black hair was slighty messy like it always was two years ago. He looked good. No, great.  

After looking at him, I looked into his dark brown eyes and found the courage in me to speak. "What are doing here at Rose High?"

"Um learning so I can graduate and then get a job....," He said acting like his normal self.

"I mean what are you doing here in New York. Why did you come back?," I asked quietly looking at the ground and then looked up waiting to see why he was really here. He just stared at me for a moment thinking. I wish I knew what he was thinking about so hard. Maybe he was deciding what to tell me, how to say it or maybe he was thinking of that horrible day. 

He gave me a serious look and then told me one word. One little dumb word that meant so much. One word with so much meaning. One word that made me play back him saying it again and again and again. The one word  he told me before walking off to his next class was, "Payback." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah....this is super short i know but I am just starting the story so its gonna be short up untill probably chapter 4 then it will get longer! so yeah don't worry!