[Chapter 8]

"Markus?"

He looked up from his desk work and his kind eyes caught mine. "Yes Sage?"

I cleared my throat softly "I have a lunch meeting finalizing the sales on the house on West Seabrook Avenue. I'll be back later with the write up report, but I just wanted to let you know I was leaving." He gave me a look.

"It should only take an hour at most." I finished twirling around the manila parchment.

His eyes crinkled as he smiled. Holy crap an actual smile! Hell must have frozen over...

  "Another one down Collins? Wow! Keep that up and you'll be looking at the position Senior VP of sales!"

Thank you god!

  I was actually kinda speechless, and my heart leapt a little bit. That would mean a major pay increase, one that I had been working toward for a while.

   I laughed nervously "That's-um great, thanks a lot Mark!" he smiled and nodded again before getting back to his work. I walked out of his office and close his door softly, before letting a letting out a shout of happiness. Yes, yes, yes!

"Why are you so happy?" A voice sneered.

My head instantly shot up to see that blonde bimbo Courtney standing near Mark's door. She was dressed scantily in a short skirt and tight blouse.

"Its none of your bussiness. Maybe you should get back to work Court," I looked her up and down in disgust. Every week she came prancing around in something scandalous around the office "Or maybe go shopping for shit that actually fits you." I finished, prepared to turn and walk away from her.

"Honey I worked hard for this body,"

  Oh so fake tits and a silicone ass were hard work? Okay...

   She tossed her hair back and smirked. "Have you seen yourself lately? You look like a cow." My feet flew into action before I even had a chance to think about what I was doing. Her eyes widened to the size of saucers. I grabbed her arm tightly. I wasn't worried about us being in the open, or being seen right now. I only saw red. Red and skanky blonde extensions.

"What the hell did you just call me?"

   A calm hand yanked me back before she could respond. I instantly fought against the touch trying to get to her. I just wanted to cuss her out, but Jay's soothing voice stopped me. "Sage, she's a bitch and she's provoking you. You don't wanna do this honey." I looked at her across from me seeing her blue eyes narrow. I just wanted to rip her vocal chords out.

  "You better listen to your little guard dog, one more slip up and you won't be eligible for that Senior VP slot." She quipped with a large smirk on her lips. My blood instantly boiled.

  That bitch was baiting me! She heard the whole conversation Mark and I had!

  I was on the verge of snapping her in two, and that was literally the last thing that needed to happen. Not when I was this close to a promotion.

   "Don't you have somebody's dick to suck or something?" Jay asked in exasperation "Jesus, you'd think they'd keep all you whores locked up in a cage or something." Courtney glared at him and flipped him off before stalking down the hall in her sky-high heels.

   I literally hope somebody pops her water balloon tits one day...

"I do too honey.."

Jay turned me around and gave me a small hug, which I returned. I needed a hug today. "You okay babe?"

   I nodded and tried to clear my head, I can't keep letting her get to me. These pointless little arguments were starting to get childish, and the next time she started something with me I might have to go to Mark about it.