A Happy Beginning

"You're such an idiot", she chuckled. On the surface of the mahogany wood table there were dozens of rose petals, ranging in colors from deep red to orange to white. They completely covered the whole table, leaving only two small circles of space for the plates of food and several other small circles for tiny white tea candles that were placed randomly around the table. She was shocked, yet very pleased at this romantic guesture, her boyfriend has been so busy lately, he seemed to forget how to be romantic.

         She stepped foward to inspect the food on the plates and doubled over from laughing. "Oh my gosh!" shaking from laughter she wrapped her arms around her boyfriend "You are the biggest dork ever", looking up she can see his face was flushed and his eyes were cast downwards, he was embarrassed. "I'm sorry.. I wasn't sure what to choose and I was running late, so I just picked both." His gaze darted back and forth between the plates and the beautiful girl whos arms were wrapped around him. Several months of dating and he still got flustered whenever he made a tiny mistake. He couldn't afford to lose her.

        "Hey," he looked down into her beautiful green eyes "It's okay, I absolutely love it." she stood on the very tip of her toes and pulled him into a heart-stopping kiss, "It was very thoughtful of you" she said dreamily, when they stopped for air "Now, lets enjoy our delicious dinner of Chinese food and tacos."