Chapter 4

It's been two days and it's the night of the party. I am getting ready. I chose a simple, short, black dress and black heels, put on a little bit of makeup and let my hair down.

I got out of my apartment and went to the car. I already knew the adress of Richard's mansion because I've been there with Joanna.

I started the car and drove towards their house. After some time I got there. I got out of the car and rang the bell. The person who opened was Joanna.

"Hey, boss." She said amd hugged me. "How are you? Have you calmed down from that night? I wanted to ask you at work, but never got the chance."

I pulled out of the hug. "I'm fine. Great actually. It's all thanks to you." I told her.

"Oh it was nothing. You just needed a reminder of how great you are. Let's go inside. Everybody is already here." She said and we went inside.

When we got in the living room, all of my old friends were surprised when they saw me. They got up to hug me.

"Oh my God, when Elena told us, I couldn't believe it. And look, you are standing right in front of me now." Ella said hugging me. I hugged her back.

They all still  looked the same. Ella had black hair and brown eyes, Nora had light brown hair and green eyes, Hailey had blonde hair and blue eyes, and Elena was also the same, light brown hair and brown eyes.

After her I hugged Nora and then Hailey.

"Look at how beautiful you are. You changed trough the years. If I had seen you, I wouldn't recognise you." Nora said.

"Thanks, Nora. You all look beautiful too. I heard you have kids, where are they?" I asked her.

"Girls, come here!" She called them. Two little girls came in the room. They looked identical. "This is my friend Evelina. Evelina these are my daughters Angela and Evelina. I gave her your name as a reminder of you. We thought we'll never see you again." She hugged me again.

"We missed you so much. I'm so glad you are back." Hailey told me.

"I missed you guys, too." I told them. I almost started crying.

"Mark come here, meet my friend. This is my friend from high school Evelina, Evelina this is my boyfriend Mark." She introduced us. Her boyfriend, like all the other men here, was quite tall. He had blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Nice to meet you." He said.

"Nice to meet you too." I said to him.

After him I went to shake hands with the other guys. First with Richard, then Alex, Daniel and Alan. Richard had black hair and brown eyes, completely different from his sister, who was a blonde with blue eyes. Alex had black hair and blue eyes, Daniel had black hair and brown eyes, and Alan had darker blonde hair and green eyes.

"Well I see that we are all here now." Said a familiar male voice. When I turned around, I saw it was Jack.

He came to me amd kissed me on my cheeks. I was very surprised by that, and I felt my cheeks go red.

"It's very nice to see you again, Lina. By the way, you look beutiful as always." He told me and winked at me.

"Thanks. It's nice to see you too." I said to him.

"Wait, how do you two know each other?" Nora asked.

"We met at the party when Elena got engaged. I was there because I signed a contract with Richard and he invited me there." I explained to her.

"Okay. Let's all sit down now." Joanna said.

And that's what we all did. We sat on a large sofa. Girls in one corner and boys in the other one. While the boys talked about business, we were cathing up.

"So, how is life?" Hailey asked.

"It's good. The business is going good. Amd I'm very happy with it." I told them.

"Yeah, we all know how much you wanted to become a fashion designer in high school." Nora said.

"Everything in her life is great, but she's missing out on love." Joanna told them.

"Seriously? Why?" Ella said. I wanted to answer something, but Joanna beat me to it.

"It's beacuse she's still grieving over her ex. She won't forget him." Joanna told them.

"James?" Ella asked. I just nodded my head.

"Wait, who is James?" Joanna asked.

"It's James Summers." Hailey told her.

"Wait. That asshole James? Oh my God. He's the one who hurt her. I'm going to kill him when he comes back." Joanna said. She then turned to me. "You know, I already hate him. He's..."

"Okay, Joanna, stop. You are just gonna make her more sad." Elena interrupted her. Joanna immediately stopped.

"You have to move on." Ella said. And then she smiled like she does when she has a plan. "And I know just the right man for that. Jack." She said.

I should have known. Even when we were in high school she was playing a matchmaker.

"I'm not sure." I said.

"You should try. He obviously seems into you." Joanna supported her.

"Okay, I'll think about it." I told them.

"Can I ask you something?" Hailey asked.

"Yes, you can." I told her.

"Why did you miss prom? And why leave without saying goodbye?" She asked the question I was scared of.

I couldn't tell them the whole truth, so I told them a short part of it. "I had a car accident the night before prom. I was in a coma for six years. After I recovered I went to college. I didn't say goodbye because I was scared. You didn't see me for some time and I thought you would be mad at me. So I left. I lost contact with everyone I know. I had to leave as soon as I could. This town was suffocating me." I told them a little bit of my story.

"You didn't have to be scared. We will always be there for you from now on. You can tell us anything. Okay?" Elena said.

"Okay." I said with a smile. I was very lucky to have friends like them.

We spent most of the night talking, and we also watched a movie. Every girl went to sit with her lover, amd somehow I ended up sitting next to Jack. I knew this had something to do with Ella or Joanna. They are the same. But nothing happened between me and Jack. We just sat there watching the movie.

Soon it was time to go home. We were all getting out of the house. I stayed back with Jack and that's when he asked me a question. "Do you need a ride?"

I looked at him surprised. "Thanks, but I got here with my own car, so..." I said.

"Oh, okay then." He said with a little dissapointment.

We all said goodbye to each other and went home.

Throuout the car ride and when I came home, I was wondering why Joanna hated James. I wonder what he did to her. With those thoughts I went to sleep