05

He was angry. Shocked. Confused. But most of all, scared.

I could feel it as his angry eyes stared up at me, searching for some sort of reasonable clarification for me but he found none.

"You're awake" I finally spoke up and he cocks his head sideways, looking around at the surroundings.

Suddenly he jumps, forcing himself to sit up and I immediately touch his shoulder but he jerks back, and stares at me. "Don't touch me"

I just nod my head in confusion as I watch as he stares down at his body and he lets out a grunt. More blood was spilling out of the wound that I had previously cleaned up before.

"Tommy, your badly hurt. If you keep moving there's gonna be blood every-"

"I'm alright okay?! Leave me alone" he snaps at me and I flare my nose in annoyance.

Did he not get it? He was hurt. Badly injured. He could get even in worse shape if he kept moving.

"What's your problem tommy? I'm trying to help you"

Slowly, he cocks his head back towards me, glaring at me with such intensity my cheeks lit on fire.

"My problem, My problem!-" he began to shout and I felt the need to reprimand him before our kidnapper heard but I stayed shut. This is what he wanted. For us, me to obey him and be fearful of the consequences. But I had to stay strong and fight.

"- is that we've been kidnapped and shoved into this tiny sick cage meanwhile, while it fucking seems like I'm the only one trying to find a way out!"

Off my knees, I stand up and watch as he does the same, his hand gripping his wound tight but I didn't care. I glare at him. "You don't think I haven't tried? What do you reckon I've been doing for the past few fucking days!"

He stayed silent as he watched me, light tears running down my face but anger and annoyance and tiredness was plastered all over my face.

Finally he stops, before slumping down onto the ground. "Fuck this!" He angrily shouts and I just stare at him.

I couldn't blame him. He was annoyed, confused, most of all angry. I shouldn't of taken out my anger on him. I knew that he was just trying to make sense of this place. I shouldn't blame him.

I crouch down on my knees inching closer towards him and he doesn't flinch.

"Please tommy-" I begin as he peers down at his stomach and lets out a hiss from the pain, "-let me help you"

He doesn't look up at me but instead stays silent as I watch him remove his hand from the wound. It seemed to be getting a bit better but small droplets off blood was spilling everywhere.

Grabbing the previous sleeve I had used, I dabbed it lightly on his wound, cleaning it away as he turned away.

Stretching the material out, I begin to wrap it around his torso, applying pressure on his wound so that the bleeding would stop. He doesn't since or flinch.

"How long have you been in here?" He suddenly asks and I turn to him, his brown hair clinging to his sweaty forehead that was filled with cuts and bruises.

"I don't know, maybe a few days? There's no sunlight in here so I can't tell"

He nods. There were so many questions I wanted to ask. We're my parents looking for me? Was the whole town searching for me? I missed them. So much. And Carter.

Suddenly, he looks up at me. "Wait, you're not... are you Grace Vital?"

I take in a sharp intake. "Yeah, why?"

He stares at me in bewilderment as he puts his hands against his temples, as if in disbelief. "Holy shit, Grace!"

I look at him in confusion. "What?"

He stops, taking me in as he stares at me. "Everyone has been looking for you, your family. I saw your picture on TV- holy fuck Grace!"

A weight suddenly flew off my chest as I clutched my shirt tightly.

They were looking for me. They were in search of me. I was going to be rescued soon. I let out a small cry of relief.

"Y-you disappeared on the 16th of January, from school right?" And I just nod, smiling for the first time in forever.

"Are my parents looking for me? Carter?" I suddenly ask, not realising I was touching his shoulders with my palm tightly but he didn't seem to mind.

He just nodded. But a small look of concern is glanced throughout his face. My heart falls.

"What?"

He sighs before ruffling a hand through his hair. "I don't want to tell you.." he trailed off.

"Don't! Just tell me! Please!" I beg, my heart beating faster and faster with anticipation. My eyes dart to Tommy licking his lips before glancing at me.

"Grace, you've been missing for 3 weeks"

-

SHORT CHAPTER

AGAIN UNEDITED