Chapter 14 : Night of the Blood Moon

A/N : Happy Reading! :D
-----

“On the night of the blood moon, while the sphere which held the light for Earth taint itself in crimson, a soul will be taken while a soul will be dressed. An ignorant will house a monster that arises from the depths of the burning fire. Everyone will shed their blood. The crucifixes will gather one by one. The punisher will be blinded. The thief will claw his grave. The redeemer remains hidden. The guard will come in quiet. The neithers will be lost. And the Powers will clash. There will be voices, mournings, and deaths. It may count as the beginning. Or it may burn as the end.”

*****

“Here’s what I know.” simula ni El habang palihim na inihahanda ang lalamunan sa mahabang paliwanagan na hindi niya nakasanayang gawin, “The first body who was hanged, was used as the first sacrifice. From her, the enemy drew blood. Since she’s young, her blood was sweet and the color of bright red. Her blood was the one used to draw all the pentagrams of the succeeding sacrifices.”

Matamang nakatingin sa kanya si Kiel at si Amara. Bahagyang nakakunot ang noo ni Stealer.

“The second body was naked. No trauma except for the injury in the head. Candles were used to heat the skin a little and make it supple.”

“What do you mean?” usisa ni Kiel.

Tiningnan niya ito na nagsasabi nang : Shut up. Nanahimik naman ito.

“The third body was drowned and bloated with water. The fourth body was twisted. And the fifth was dead in her sleep.” sumulyap siya kay Amara, “Do I have to continue?”

Nakikita niya na matamang nag-iisip ang babae. Nakakunot ang noo nito at nakababa ang mga mata. Nang mag-angat ito ng paningin ay seryoso na ang buong mukha nito.

“Continue...” sabi nito.

“The first body was used as a host for blood. The second, for skin. The third, for water. The fourth, for its bones. And the fifth, for its soul. Stealer said that each scene is a good ten kilometer distance from Ethan’s house. If I assume that there is a ritual happening tonight, we will make Ethan’s house the center of the ritual. And once we try to draw it, Ethan’s house as the center of the shape and all five houses in a ten-kilometer distance, it will look like -”

“A giant pentagram!” bulalas ni Kiel. Bahagyang nanlaki ang mga mata nito at tumiim ang panga, “Bakit hindi mo sinabi agad? We could have stayed at the town if you know that. We could prepare on standby and -”

“And lose the chance to meet the host and see what else is hidden by the enemy?” seryosong tanong niya, “Nakalimutan mo na ba kung anong nakita natin sa ospital? There were a lot of souls! Burned by the fire! And all the souls carrying the devil were taken out of the hospital! They live as loved ones in that very same town! Para saan? Bakit? Yun ang dahilan kung bakit kailangan kong makita ang host. This is a very definite and precise plan. The enemy doesn’t target ramdom people. He has a reason to target every victim. That’s why I needed to see the host and make sense of it.”

Madilim pa rin ang mukha ni Kiel, “Then what did you see? What did you see?!”