Once

I stayed with my friends and we danced and got crazy.

We ate a lot of the pastries and got right back to dancing.

By the time the soca came on, I was fucked up and was ready to have the night of my life.

Not soon after a cute ass dark-skin jawn came up behind me and we was getting crazy together. Eventually started dancing on his lap to my favorite song, Caribbean Girls.

I knew my waistline was fire I just didn't like to show off, I wasn't raised like that.

This was the first time I ever danced at a school party, so when the crowd saw me they went crazy.

I felt his manhood standing up and took that as my clue to chill out.

But when I tried to move he grabbed my waist, and at that moment I went crazy.

I started twerking on his lap so fast I think I saw his eyes roll to the back of his head. He started screaming, "Yessss!" and shaking.

I could feel a pair of harden eyes on me and when I turned it was Vonate, and by the look in his eyes he was mad as hell.

He stormed out the room, but no one really noticed cause all eyes were on me and my "one night stand".

I immediately got up and ran after him.

I was surprised to find him waiting on me by the stairs.

When I got to him he pulled me into the staircase, for what I assumed was privacy.

"What the fuck was that. Out here acting like a motherfucking hoe. Letting niggas have they shrimp ass dick up against you." he roared at me. I could hear the anger in his words though.

"Why you mad, what the fuck. I am not your girl. I am your best friend, but that doesn't mean that you can control my life. Plus you was dancing with Carla and that dirty bitch Rexy, so spare me the bullshit." I said opening the door and walking out not giving him a chance to respond.

About an hour later people started getting ready to go to the hotel.

It was a tradition that was started 10 years ago by the founding class.

After prom finished, the whole graduating class would go back to a hotel together, and eat breakfast in the morning. Then we would all go to the indoor pool and do activities together. It was out last few days together, we had to enjoy it.

Everyone usually had they own room or shared with friends.

Jaja, Angie, and I got a room with a king bed so we could share. It was gonna be so lite. I been waiting to carry on this tradition since forever.

When we got outside Angie and Jaja went to get the car since they told the limo to go home earlier.

As I was standing in front of the sidewalk waiting for them to come back, I could see Vontae car pulling up beside me. I started to walk in the opposite direction cause I am still mad at him for the incident in the staircase.

"Let me take you so we can talk" he said after he rolled down his window refusing give up after he clearly sees I don't want to be bothered.

I don't answer.

"Look i'm sorry. Just let me explain. Come on let me drive you please." he pleaded with the puppy face.

I gave in. How could I not, he used the puppy face. But it was cold and honestly I wanted to hear what he had to say that would make up for this behavior as well.

I texted Jaja and told her I got a ride and that I'll meet her there as I got into the car.

About 10 minutes into the ride he finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happend. All I saw was you dancing on him and I got so angry. I promise I didn't mean to sound mean. I'll make it up to you."

"How?" I said letting my curiosity get the best of me.

"Watch the Parent Trap?" he said knowing that would do the trick because it was my favorite movie, and I had been trying to get him to watch it for years.

And by the grin that quickly appeared on my face, he knew it worked.