048. let it all out

real life.

     ☆ MARGO GENTLY TAPPED HER nails against the table as she took a sip from her drink

     ☆ MARGO GENTLY TAPPED HER nails against the table as she took a sip from her drink. There was no doubt that she was nervous for what today had in store. It's been 3 years since Margo has seen and heard anything from Elizabeth James since they've broken up. It didn't end well either, from Margo catching Eli in bed with not one, but two people in bed in their LA condo followed by a huge altercation between the two as Margo gathered her things.

The media went into a frenzy when they got ahold of Margo and Eli way before they dated, and they were equally happy stirring up more drama when they broke up, because, at the time, they were one of the few, and only, openly bisexual/girl x girl couples on the scene, and apparently, that was newsworthy. It didn't help Margo with the unwanted attention everywhere she went about the bitter break up, she lost at least 3 job offers due to that and her hatred for Eli James only grew as the days went one.

Today was no different. She wasn't expecting anything less from the sly acts of Eli, who, on numerous accounts, has tried to get in contact with her or catch her at a party. But ever since Margo met Matthew, she didn't want to carry that kind of baggage around anymore. She was finally happy with someone who she trusted, and who trusted her, and that's all she could ever ask for. There were many scenarios that played out in Margo's head as she waited for Eli, so to say that she was nervous was the biggest understatement of the year.

Matthew, Delaney, and Beatrice flooded her notifications with nothing but support. They've told her endlessly that it would all be okay and if anything went wrong, they'd be by her side in seconds (well a few hours due to the flight from the States/Vancouver to Paris) to help. Margo was grateful to have such an amazing support group and even a fantastic boyfriend who wanted nothing but the best for her.

And if today didn't end well, then so be it. At least she tried.

It took another 15 minutes for Eli to arrive, and when she did, Margo couldn't help but feel the pit in her stomach deepen. Millions of thoughts swirled her mind as she saw the blonde get closer and closer, and fuck, Margo was not prepared at all. Of course, Eli looked, well great on all accounts. Her golden hair was hidden under a large hair and big sunglasses, wearing a pair of denim skirts and a white blouse. Margo suddenly felt underdressed for this meeting, being in one of Matthew's shirts - which was at least 3 times her size cause he was a giant compared to her - that was tucked into a pair of denim shorts. She didn't even bother doing anything for her hair.

"Margaret," Eli grinned, taking off of her sunglasses. "you look... great."

"You too, Elizabeth." Margo forcefully let out, taking in a deep breath and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"So how've you been? I see you cut your hair, nice look. Can't say that I don't miss your long hair though--"

Margo let out a loud scoff and gave the woman in front of her an incredulous look. "I'm sorry, but formalities are out of the question here." she nearly slammed her hands down onto the table but decided to wrap her fingers around her mug.

Eli knit her brows together as a look of confusion came over her. "Then what was the point of this meetup? You want to talk, yet you don't want to talk."

The Parisian woman clicked her tongue against her cheek. "I wanted to see you again, for one last time, so I could tell you to please leave me alone. I'm in a good place and I don't want you to ruin it for me."

"Wow," the blonde chuckled and crossed her arms over her chest as she leaned forward. "You've gotten bolder. But hey, I get it. I was a dick, I'll admit that."

"Oh you were more than just a dick--" her blood started to boil as her hands tightened around the edge of her cup, her jaw tightening.

"Margaret, I wasn't finished."  Eli put a hand up to stop Margo from exploding on the spot and inhaled deeply. "Listen, I know I fucked up big time when we were together. I honestly know that now, and you know what? I'm sorry about that. I really am, it was a bitch, dick and asshole thing to do to someone like you Margo and I resent myself for that."

"When we first started dating I felt- alive. I was happy to be out you know? Of course, you know, you've met my parents, but besides that, I finally felt free. I was able to be the person I've hated for most of my teenage years. So yeah, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I didn't go around and fuck around and because I did do that. And quite frankly, I hate myself for that. I'm so so sorry for causing you all that pain and trouble, Margo, and I hope that someday you'll know that."

Eli sent Margo a sad smile, before rising from her seat and picked up her sunglasses. "I will leave you alone now, but seriously, I am sorry for doing that to you. You don't deserve that." she slipped on her sunglasses and added, "Also, you and Matthew are very cute together. I'm glad he makes you happy, Margo."

Just as Eli turned around, about to walk down the street back to the train station, Margo did something completely unexpected. She jumped up from her seat and called out, "Eli, wait!" 

Once the blonde woman sat back down and removed her sunglasses, Margo took in a deep breath and chewed on her lower lip. "I did not expect you to apologize for what you did."

"What can I say? I've changed." Eli shrugged. "But again, I really am sorry. I promise to leave you alone now, seriously."

"I know, I know, it's just... wow." Margo slumped into her chair and crossed her arms over her chest. "I'm just tired of living in the past and wanted to get that shit out of the way. 3 years ago or not, I don't need that negative energy around me anymore."

"You sound an awful lot like my therapist, with all of that 'negative energy' talk."

"Yeah, I got it from my own too."

Surprisingly enough, the two women laughed.

Strangely, for the next 30 minutes, Margo and Eli made small talk about what was going on and how their significant others were as if they were friends once more. But to be honest, it was going to take a long time until Margo fully forgave Eli, and until then, she was willing to make up for lost time.

author's note.
okay so i do this thing where i try to make the ex not a bad guy anymore and i did it again so whoops. like no doubt eli is flawed as fuck, but she really is sorry and margo is tired of holding such a huge grudge so yeah.

and wow this story is ending so soon what the fuck?? and thanks for the 17k+ reads whoaoooaaoaoaoa!

but yo, at least there will be a new mgg book out by then!!