Diamond Sky

Hi guys, This is my first one, so I guess I would just like to know what you think. I wrote this a few years ago, but it is still being completed. Hope you enjoy... all comments welcome if they are helpfull. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Nothing was different that night, It was the same as any other. I waited leaning against the cool, brick wall watching the activity around me. The night was cloudless, the stars shone brightly and the moon effortlessly dominated the skies. It was ordinary to me.

People were filtering in and out of the nearby nightclub, giggling and letting it show that they had far too much alcohol in their system. I watched them, Staggering into Taxi's and swaying recklessly all over the sidewalk. Somehow it amused me, how idiotic some of them acted. I got to watch this scene played out with different characters every night. In some ways I looked forward to it. Watching them make fools of themselves, it humoured me greatly.

The street began to fill with more and more people. I scanned their faces, glaring ever so slightly if one seemed to gossip about me to a friend. I was there almost every night. You'd think they'd be used to it by now.

I continued to run my eyes over the faces in front of me. Some young girls dressed far too maturely for their age started staring across at me. Their eyelids covered with pink glitter, their skin bronzed to a fake almost orange tinge and their hair far too blond to be natural. I smiled slyly at them and placed a cigarette in the corner of my mouth and sparked my lighter. Their eyes stared.

Judging, like all annoying, over stimulated, over sexed teenage girls do. I flicked the lighter shut and placed it back in my pocket. How the world has changed over the years, some ways good, some ways terrible.

"Let's go, Lou." A familiar voice stated as he rushed out of the club. The teenaged girls were all staring at him. Their eyes lusting after his dangerous presence, he too could tell without even looking. "Where's the car?" He demanded as he reached the regular parking spot. His Long black coat swirled around him as he paced back and forward. He too lit a cigarette and brushed his dark hair from him face.

"Frankie needed it. He'll be back in a minute." I replied. I stayed where I was, still staring at the teenaged girls in the line for the club, giggling to themselves over him. "Why so stressed, Johnny boy?" I joked. Not that I cared. He angered me in a way that no one could ever understand. I liked to mock him, stir him up a little. He strode towards me, leaning his weight on the wall.

"Why do you try to frustrate me, Lacuna? After all we've been through together." He turned to face me, his head inches from mine. He pulled a strand of my dark hair from behind my ear and twirled it around his finger. I turned my head ever so slightly to look into his eyes. His dark emerald eyes were full anger, not towards me, but towards something else, an unknown enemy that bubbled away inside him like poison through his veins, I wasn't a cure, I was just the tourniquet.

I moved away from him, without answering, and continued to smoke closer to the road. The Teenage girls look outraged that I could have stepped away from a man as beautiful as John.

Looks can be deceiving. I thought to myself. And my god, were his looks deceiving. I looked up at him while I myself started pacing around with my cigarette between my fingers.

"Margot' not back at the house then?" I asked curiously. His eyes met mine. I noticed his eyebrows were questioning me. So I continued. "You're being awfully friendly to me tonight; I thought we weren't allowed to talk except for -'work stuff'-"I exaggerated with bunny ears. "I imagine she wouldn't be very happy for us to be talking, Johnny." I used his name to patronize him. He smirked at me, god I hated that.