Chapter Two

The long drive through the town was almost over. Frankie pulled up to the large fence and it opened for us to drive through. He parked the car in the garage and he and Eli got out and walked inside. John sat there in silence, looking at me out of the corner of his eye

“Where do you want to go?” I asked feeling uneasy where I sat.

He shuffled around in his seat til he was looking me in the eye.

“I miss you Loulou.” The outburst shocked me a little. The regret I was feeling before spread off through me again. “I mean I really miss you, like how we used to be, before Margot’.” He said.

“Where is Margot’ John?” I realised suddenly as he spoke her name. He went back to looking out his window even though there was nothing but the garage wall to look at. I could tell his anger was rising.

“She left the coven.” He whispered. I was amazed. Normally John wouldn’t rest until the betrayer had be caught and put to rest. He would have the death walkers out on the streets searching every area for her. That’s what should be happening. It had happened to many times before.

“Isn’t that a crime, punishable by death?” I whispered.  He turned his cold eyes to me. He was angry, his eyes were black and his white fangs were now visible. He growled as he nodded to me. “You cant though, can you?” I whispered.  He glared at me and continued to growl.

“How could she do this to me? TO US!” he roared smashing his fit against the door swinging it clear off its hinges. I placed my hand on his back.

I smiled at him. He seemed to be calming. The colour was slowly cascading back into his eyes and his teeth seemed to be back to normal.

John slid inside, I followed closely behind him. The house was dark and had loud music playing, like most houses on a Saturday night. Only I’m sure people in those other houses didn’t take the meaning of the cocktail ‘bloody Mary’ seriously. In our house, a Bloody Mary was literal, Blood with vodka.

The members of the house would dance together, would drink together, would do anything you’d have at any human party, only here, we had more fun. John swiped me off my feet and jumped effortlessly up to the second floor banister.

“You were taking too long; I knew you’d get distracted down there. We have new comers to the coven. You will look after them.” He informed as he pressed his hand against the small of my back to hurry me along.

“New comers? We haven’t had any new comers in, well, a hundred and twenty years.” I Proclaimed. He nodded as he walked. We reached he chambers; he pushed open the large double steel doors.

He flicked away his cleaners and servants with his graceful hand and left me to stand in the middle of his glorious room. The ceilings were high and had carvings all over them of our past. The walls draped in thick green velvet, the only areas exposed were the many bookcases around the walls. The room was long. A large Fire place to the right and his desk to the left, I had seen him study there so many times. Large leather armchairs sat around the fireplace and at the end of the room a four poster bed sat, like it owned the entire room. I had not been in this room for many years. But the memories were still fresh in my mind. It hadn’t changed at all.

“Yes, I decided to let others join our Coven.” He said as he threw off his jacked and started unbuttoning his shirt. I stood still awkward in the middle of the room waiting for his direction.

“Oh.” I said lightly. He looked up at me as he threw his shirt on the ground and started to step towards me. I looked at him. My black jeans and grubby old band t-shirt made me feel a little underdressed in his presence, even though he was standing in front of me in nothing more than his trousers.