Emmy's View

Emmy's POV

I stare out the car window as the scenery slowly rolls by. Raindrops make their way down the window, slowly racing each other while consuming the ones ahead. My dad is humming along to the songs playing on the radio while my mom is dozing off against her seat.

My parents got married shortly after my mom finished high school, when I was about 3 years old. For most of my life we have been living in Hollywood, where both my parents have grown up. But now, my dad got a job offer. . .in Pennsylvania. So we packed our bags and are now driving to Pennsylvania. Its depressing to think I'll be leaving my grandparents, all of my friends, and all of my childhood memories.

I think the weather is based on my mood. Ever since I found out its only been rainy and depressing. Nothing like the usual sunny, pretty clouds, and near perfect weather that I have known since I was little. I wish we didn't have to move, but this job will offer my dad an opportunity to get ahead. He use to be a writer for a small newspaper but now he will be the Editor-in-Chief, pretty good I guess.

My dad glances in the rear view mirror and gives me a smile, "How are you holding up there?". I only shrug which just causes him to sigh and turn his focus back to the road. "How much longer do we have to be stuck in the car?" He glances down, "Hmm. . .only 7 more hours!" he says all to brightly.

"Why couldn't we have stayed in California a month longer? I could've spent my 16th birthday with my friends!"

"I'm sorry honey, I tried but they needed me in as soon as possible to start working."

Jack's POV

Shea and I have been married for a little over 12 years by now and ever day with her is amazing. Emmy has now grown into a beautiful girl that looks like her mother a little bit more each day.

After I finished my online college courses, I became a writer. I found that I enjoyed typing my thoughts and sharing them. I'm excited for Emmy to read the book I wrote for her when she was a baby. Shea finished high school and then went to college at the Community college. She learned to do some marketing work and helped small businesses in the area become more popular. Emmy is going to be a junior this year. I'm anxious to see how she will fit in at West Chester's Public High School or WCHS for short.

I glance over at Shea who is fast asleep. I feel bad that we have to drive to Pennsylvania instead of flying. But, after the costs of moving our stuff across the country, this is the cheapest option.

Only 6 more hours left of driving.