✧♢ There For You ♢✧

"When we thought Pink was shattered, when she abandoned us, I alone was there for you! And you would use your power against ME?!"

♢✧♢

"Poor Yellow. Her impurities absorb all the blue in her light. She's so strong . . . but so weak, when it comes to Blue. Ah, and Blue . . . her impurities soak up all of the warmth in her spectrum. She thinks she needs you, Pink."

♢✧♢

"I pushed her away — and now she's gone!"

        Blue's mournful wail echoed through the chamber and from the floor, Yellow clenched her teeth, trying to keep the tears back. Though the other Diamond's aura had the chamber awash with blue, she felt a new spearing pain as Blue sobbed into her hands.

        "It's my— it's our fault!"

        Yellow squeezed her eyes shut. It wasn't their fault. It wasn't.

        She shakily pushed herself up from the floor and reached out as she approached her counterpart. When Blue lifted her face, she let out another wail and flung her hands out. The room darkened and suddenly her vision was blurred. Her legs gave way and she dropped to her knees, brushing trembling fingers over her gem. A ragged gasp left her throat — any path to ease this pain, she would take it.

        "Blue," she whispered, weak from the pounding in her chest. "Blue, stop—"

        "I can't! I never did! We pushed her away and she's shattered! We'll never get her back! Never—"

        A sob from Blue and Yellow was doubled over. It was excruciating.

        "Never hear her laughter, see her smile . . . no more jokes, no more— no more. . ."

        "Please—"

        "You said you'd do this for me! You said you'd help!"

        She had. She'd agreed to take her burden, to relieve her some — but she hadn't known it would feel like this.

        "It . . . it hurts. . ."

        "It hurts me! I always feel like this — and you think this is bad?" Another onslaught of sobs, and Yellow could swear she heard something inside her crack. "Every day, I think about her — and she's never coming back! Every day I grieve!"

        "Blue, stop! I don't want to—"

        "You don't want to what?" The Diamond's eyes were wet, despairing. "You don't want to put up with me? Am I too much?"

        "I never— I never said that," Yellow gritted, watching tears drop to the floor in front of her. "But—"

        She felt like she was being crushed.

        And then, it was over, and, shaking, she looked up at Blue.

        She had her head hung, eyes downcast, mouth a trembling line. Her fists were clenched at her sides. "I knew it," she whispered. "I knew you wouldn't do this for me."

        And she was gone, through the double doors and out of her chambers.

♢✧♢

"Of course I would," she fought. "Of course I'd do it for you."

        Blue was silent, gazing out at the shape Homeworld cut against the sky. When she spoke, it was in a whisper.

        ". . . You're jealous of me, aren't you?"

        Yellow reeled. "What are you talking about?"

        "White never talks to you." Her eyes were sad as she met her gaze. "She doesn't encourage you the way she does for me. And. . ."

        She paused for a moment, and then turned away.

        "And? And what?"

        Blue let out a sad huff. "Pink spent as much time as she could with me. She hardly came to see you, did she?"

        Yellow took a step back. "She— I was busy! I had colonies to manage!"

        "But that never stopped you from spending time with me."

        . . . It was true. Every spare moment, she found herself making excuses, withdrawing from her responsibilities and taking the route to Blue's chambers. It was weak of her, she knew. But she couldn't help it. How could she stay away from the one person who ever showed her love?

        ". . . Do you love me?"

        For a moment, Yellow was mortified, believing the words her own. But when she met Blue's gaze, she could see the question in her eyes.

        She couldn't lie to those eyes.

        "Yes," she breathed. How beautiful she was, gazing at her like that. "I . . . I always have."

        Blue sighed and, after a moment, she moved forward to embrace her, resting her head against her flaring gem. ". . . I miss her so much."

        Uncertainly, Yellow wrapped her own arms around the other. ". . . I know."

        "Yellow?"

        She tensed, looking down at her counterpart. Blue closed her eyes. "Please . . . can you help me let it out again?"

        She opened her mouth to reply, to affirm, to deny the request, but her wide, lucid eyes stopped her short.

       "It hurts."

        She felt something inside her sink. Of course it did. If it were her, wouldn't Yellow feel the same? Wouldn't she need someone to lean on?

        She paused, and then took her hands in her own. "I'm here for you."

        The other smiled sadly, and pressed a kiss to her gem. "I know."

        And then her image distorted as she felt hot tears run down her cheeks, the world blue once again.

PROMPT: "I've got a request. How about Blue and Yellow mourning Pink after the corruption, that even though they lashed out it wasn't enough." — for Ways on Fanfiction.net! Hope you enjoyed! :)