A monster

I feel the wind rush by my sides as I use my broad black wings to glide over the city. I shoot a plasma ball out of my mouth and hit the metal wall ahead. I look down. The city looks gorgeous, but someone like me who has seen the cruelty of this very city...its hard to see it as something pretty. I growl, trying to sigh. I forget I can't make human sounds when I'm in dragon mode.

I land near the wall, and transform into my usual human form, h/c hair, e/c eyes, usual black tunic. I look over the city from a distance. I spot my old house, and jump off the cliff I'm on. I fall for a moment, and transform into the dragon form, glowing yellow eyes and pure black dragon skin. I feel the wings and tail build up, and screech loudly. I look at myself as I pass some windows. I am a cat-like dragon with a swift, dynamic body. I'm fairly small compared to your usual dragons, but much more powerful. I growl as I fly up higher in the air. I feel the winds get colder as I go up above the clouds. It's peaceful here, I'm free to glide.

I get tired after a while. I spot my current apartment and dive to land on it. The wind rushes by my sides, but I'm used to do aerobic tricks. A simple dive doesn't even take up my energy.

As I land on the balcony, and transform. I open the door to my living room, and start humming a melody. You should see me in a crown, I'm gonna run this nothing town, I pull open a drawer and pick up some chips. I munch on them happily, and sit down across the TV. Watch me make 'em bow, one by, one by, one. One by, one by...I turn on Netflix and start watching anime as usual. "Here we see a dragon watching anime." I mock with myself. "Ooh a monster! Run away!" I act like I'm scared of myself, and chuckle.

I remember how these words were used to hurt me more than arrows did to my ancestors. When I was only three, I discovered I was a dragon. I remember that cursed day...

It was a peaceful evening at first. the sun was setting behind the buildings, painting out the city gold. I was sitting at the balcony with my mother, we were both reading books. Mine was about a zoo, and hers was a non fiction about quirks. I still have that book, her bookmark is still there. "The lion is dangerous. He is in a cage." The bold, big text read. I looked at the picture of a lion sleeping inside the cage. "Momma?" I asked. "Why do they keep the lions in cages?" She raised her head from the book, her (your mothers h/c, I chose gray because it suits the story) silver hair waving with the wind. She smiled sweetly, and put the bookmark in her book. "Because if it wasn't, people could get hurt. Lions listen to their instincts, and they are predators. They are dangerous, sweetie. We can take you to the zoo if you want to see one." I nodded in excitement. "Yes! Yes! I will see the lion!" She sighed, and looked over the horizon. "What a beautiful sunset." She mumbled. I looked at the sun, too. It was nicely positioned between two glass buildings, creating an illusion that looked like a cubist painting.

My father stepped in the balcony with a cup of f/d in his hands. He sipped it watching the sun set. "Y/n, are you ready for school tomorrow?" He asked in a calm voice. I nodded. "I am, dad!" He smiled at me, and sat down on the third sun-bed. He put the cup of f/d on the coffee table between our sun-beds. "Dad?" I asked. Both of them turned to me. "Can we go to the zoo tomorrow, to see the lion?" He chuckled. "Of course. Why do you want to see the lion? There are other animals there as well." I sat up. "Because it's big! And dangerous! It's strong!" I said excitedly. He sipped his drink. "There are more powerful animals than the lions, Y/n." He answered.
"Like Jaguars." I nodded. "Is the jaguar there, too?" He shook his head. "No. He's too dangerous for a public zoo like ours." I nodded in agreement. He looked at the watch on his wrist. "It's already 7 PM, honey. Let's get you ready for bed." He got up, and held my hand. I waved good bye to my mom, and she blowed a kiss at us. I giggled as my dad guided my to my room.

"Change into your PJs, Okay? Then brush your teeth, and you can watch TV with us." He smiled at me, and leaves the room. I pulled out my PJs from my drawer, and changed my clothes. My small hands worked really hard to pull my onesie up. When it finally did, I sighed in relief.

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I headed to the living room as I heard shouting voices. My little feet froze as I saw the villain in our living room. He turned to me. "Come here, you little brat. We will take care of you first." I lost my voice. I felt something in me, I'm not scared. "Mom! Dad!" I screamed. My parents bolted in the room. "Who are you?!" My father asked as he pinned the man to the wall with his telekinetic powers. My mother readied her dark matter in her palms. The man grinned.

"What a beautiful family. It would be a shame if they got...destroyed." The villain disappeared and appeared back behind my mom and dad. "Behind!" I shouted. My mother forced dark matter trough the mans chest. He didn't even flinch. I shook my head, not believing what I saw. I felt rage build up. Something told me to move. "Kill" it said. "Destroy. Protect your tribe." I felt something in my chest, and a screech escaped my mouth. I fell on all fours, and something heavy pushed me down from my back. I looked at my hands.

They were not hands. They were claws like...like dinosaurs I saw in books, but more dynamic so I felt comfortable standing. I felt something I could move behind me. I swung it left and right. The walls of the hallway broke down as I hit them with my tail. I screeched loudly, and felt something warm build up inside my mouth. The villain looked surprised. Before I knew, I aimed at the man and let go of the warmth.

The man had a hole through her chest, his blood marking our carpet. I sat down on my back legs. My parents were shook, too. "Y/n???" My mother whispered. There was horror on her face.

It was an expression I got used to by time. "Monster!" People called me. "Go kill yourself, you sociopath!" Like I wanted to be like this in the first place, I was just a kid. It was like people wanted to kill me, and I would rather be quirkless than a quirk like mine. The only friend I had was Izuku, who was quirkless and found my quirk awesome.

The next day, when I went to the kindergarten was the worst. A spiky ash-blonde haired boy called me a bloodthirsty monster, and I got sent home because my quirk was "too dangerous."

When we got home, tears ran down my cheeks. "Am I-Am I like a Jaguar, dad?" I asked my father. "Am I too dangerous for the zoo?"

The worst part is, he didn't answer me.

Edited.
Shoutout to itsyourfavoritebub