Kiss Me

Just a Larry drabble about Harry getting his first kiss, with his best friend, Louis. <3 Louis, 17. Harry, 14.

~•~

It was a cloudy day, and Harry had to walk home in the drizzling rain. He sighed, shrugging his book bag over a shoulder and grabbed his purple Jack Wills jumper.

He walked out of the large school building, pulled the hood of the jumper over his already damp curls, and gazed out in the distance, with his vibrant green eyes, as he walked further away from the bustling school.

It's not that he lived far from the school, because he only lived a few blocks away. It's convenient, excepting for when it's raining cats and dogs.

Harry wasn't popular in school, but he wasn't exactly a nobody. He had three best friends, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan, and a couple other main friends, like his friends Josh and Andy. They're all nice to him, and quite frankly, it surprises Harry.

He is openly gay, so he doesn't have many friends. He doesn't get hate, maybe one or two dirty looks every now and then, but people generally just ignore him. Harry doesn't take the friends he has for granted, because he knows he's lucky. Well, lucky that his school doesn't consist of homophobes, bullies, and homophobic bullies.

He lives in a small neighborhood in Chesire, England, and it's near his school. He had just started his first year of high school, year nine. He loved his neighbors, especially Liam, Niall, and Zayn.

Harry was with some friends - well, they're not really friendly - at lunch, and they played spin the bottle with a plastic water bottle. When it got to Harry, he picked truth, being the shy one who'd never go overboard for a dare, and a guy a year older than him asked who he had his first kiss with. Harry blushed, and muttered a quiet 'Ive never had my first kiss'. They constantly teased him about it for the rest of the day, and now that he thinks of it, the rain seems worth walking through, if it meant he'd get home.

About halfway through the walk home, he was already soaked, and he'd only been walking for about five minutes. He pulled the soaked jumper tighter around his body, trying to cover himself partly with his book bag, as his next-door-neighbor pulled beside the sidewalk and stopped his car.

"Harry?" the man asked. Harry nodded, stopping to look up at his neighbor and friend.

Louis Tomlinson was a nice guy. He was a seventeen-year-old UNI student, graduated a year early. He was nice to the Styles' family, and he had sisters himself. Harry liked Louis, and Louis liked Harry. He'd always come over to help Harry study, or come to dinner, or play video games, so Harry thought he was a great friend.

"Why you out in the rain, Haz?" Louis asked, furrowing his eyebrows quizzically at the younger boy.

Harry just shrugged, and walked towards Louis who was rolling his window up and gesturing for him to get in the car. He hurriedly walked from the sidewalk to the rocky asphalt, and hopped into Louis' black Porsche, hugging himself tightly and shivering from his wet clothes. Louis reached down towards the dashboard, cranking the heat up. He took his beige jacket off, and wrapped it around Harry. Then he started the car, and continued driving down the worn down road to their little neighborhood.

"Now Harry, tell me why you're walking though the rain, instead of taking the bus," Louis said, keeping his eyes locked on the road, gripping the steering wheel tightly. He'd always been a little overprotective of Harry. He was like the father he never had, considering Harry's step-father, Robin, was always out getting drunk, rarely at home.

Harry shrugged, "I dunno. I deserve it though," he said flatly, gazing out the window, watching the green trees pass before his eyes.

"Now why would you think that?" he said, furrowing his eyebrows and taking a glance at Harry, who had tears pricking at the corners of his eyes.

"People are mean. The only friends I have are Liam, Niall, and Zayn," Harry said lowly, staring through the glass of the window.

"Why the hell would people be mean to you?" Louis said, as a single tear trickled down Harry's cheek.

"You'd hate me"

"No I wouldn't, I thought we were best friends?" Louis said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

He nodded, and sighed, "I'm gay," he stated plainly, resting his chin on the palm of his hand.

Louis' eyes widened in shock. "You're gay?" he repeated, taking a sharp intake of breath.

"See, now you hate me, just like everyone else"

"No! No, Harry, you don't understand; I'm gay," Louis said, smiling at the younger boy, who had whipped his head around, staring at him in shock.

"You are?" Harry asked. He nodded. "Do you... have a boyfriend?" he asked, a little more curiously.

Louis sighed, frowning a bit at the memories of the last jerk he dated. "No, I don't"

"Oh. Okay," Harry said.

"We're here," Louis said, gladly changing the subject.

He pulled the keys out of the ignition, and got out of the car as Harry did the same. Harry sighed, and turned to say goodbye to Louis before he walked to his house next door. Before he could, Louis asked, "And um, Harry, what did they say to make you so upset today? Like, you've never seemed that bummed before," he said, locking his cerulean eyes with Harry's jade ones.

Harry sighed, and walked towards the older student, "These guys were making fun of me because I haven't had my first kiss, alright? Just drop it, I'll probably never get it," he finished sadly.

"So, do you want to have your first kiss?" Louis asked. He only nodded in response.

The blue-eyed boy walked closer to Harry, and lifted up his chin to lock their eyes. Louis wasn't much taller than Harry, despite the three-year age difference. He was quite short for a seventeen year old, and he liked it.

He gazed into Harry's broken, distant eyes, realizing he was really hurt by the words people say to him. Words do hurt, Louis would know. He smiled softly, and cupped both of his cheeks with his hands, before leaning in, slowly closing the distance.

The kiss felt magical. Harry was surprised, but managed to snake his arms around his neck and kiss back in a slow, memorizing kiss. It was gentle and sweet, taking all the time in the world, not even caring. It wasn't rushed, it was soft and light, but it was a kiss. After a minute, Harry hesitantly pulled away, not wanting it to end.

He locked eyes with Louis, who was grinning. Harry smiled softly, as a blush crept up to his cheeks. "That was... that was amazing," he said finally.

"Are you happy now? You can finally tell people that you've had your first kiss," the older boy stated proudly. "You're not worried that it was me that kissed you, are you?" he asked, suddenly worried that it wasn't what Harry wanted. Harry's eyes widened, and he quickly shook his head.

"No! Of course I'm happy, but what does this make us? Boyfriends?" Harry asked.

Louis thought a minute, before replying sadly, "Well, you're a little young, and I don't really have time for a boyfriend, because I'm really focused on UNI, but maybe someday, in a few years," he smiled, blushing a bit himself. Harry's shamrock green eyes lit up with a glint of excitement, and he nodded cheerfully. "Okay! Thank you, Lou, you really made my day," Harry admitted, pulling him into a tight hug. He hugged back, and smiled at his happy younger friend.

"Anytime, bebz," Louis giggled, pulling away from the hug.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later, Haz. My mom texted a minute ago and said she need help with the twins, but you have my number right?" Louis questioned. Harry nodded.

"Okay, call me"

Harry nodded frantically and turned away, a cheeky grin on his face.