4

friday

if it weren't for the jocks screaming 'friday! friday!' in the hallway at 10AM, kaycee wouldn't have popped out of her state-of-depression bubble.

sure, she was waiting for the week to end. but all the schoolwork and problems she had to deal with literally gave her calendar amnesia — if that was even a thing.

nonetheless, she was more than glad the first week was over.

"thank Jesus! it is finally friday, my doods." bailey dramatically slammed her back to the lockers, sliding down as if she was in a movie. "after what seemed like forever."

"how melodramatic," kaycee remarked amusedly, sporting grin on her face. she was lowkey ecstatic at the thought of a weekend, as if she needed to recharge and reboot herself. "where's tahani?"

bailey shrugged, criss crossing her legs on the floor as she scrolled through her instagram. "errands? didn't see her when the bell rang."

taking that as a response, kaycee herself shrugged as she continued to organize her locker. taking in notebooks she needed over the weekend, and sliding in the heavy weighted books she most definitely did not need. she also needed to design her boring gray locker before it sucked out all of her remaining motivation for the academe.

she loved mathematics though; if that even counted.

"do you think i'd burn the school down if i hung up fairy lights inside my locker?"

"what the heck, kaycee." bailey half laughed, looking up at her with a weird look. "you can't even fit a pencil holder in there."

"oh. riiiight. right. nevermind."

maybe she could just make those collage thingy corkboards with stickers and picture cut outs. she'd take their pictures from disneyland last month, and some f•r•i•e•n•d•s stickers sea—

nope, that is not happening.

she definitely had to set things straight for herself over the weekend. she already was messing up herself big time, and needed self-discussions about emotional control and moving on. it was a big girl thing to do.

her coping mechanism was clearly being inconsistent and rocky lately. it sort of worked over summer, but it didn't now. she was aware of how her mechanism was a plot for self-destruction, the one where you just end up being the one bended over the nail, but it worked — kind of. temporarily. until he walked in with that damn dimpled face with the same twinkling eyes she has seen the last time.

"bails—"

"what's up, girlies!"

bailey inwardly rolled her eyes at the voice that squealed from the other side of the hallway. she didn't even bother hiding her distate for the approaching girl; she definitely did not deserve that effort. kaycee didn't mind though as she shook her head and laughed before spinning around to face the sugary sweet it girl of west covina high school.

"hey, tati! how are you?" kaycee asked with a friendly smile, even though tati was far from friendly to her. "anything you need?"

tati's diabetes-inducing smile widened even more. "i'm doing perfectly great. thanks for asking! how about you, kaycee? just recently heard about what happened to you. i'm so sorry you had to go through that."