Chapter Two

The next morning was eventful, as you woke up to your phone buzzing at the sound of a call. Feeling the nightstand blindly for your phone, you quickly disconnected it, and answered, bringing the phone to your ear.

"Hello?" your voice cracked, since you've just woken up.

"Y/n? Where are you?" Ryan, your producer said, as you slowly sat up, the phone still pressed to your ear, as you looked at the clock: 6:30am.

"I was asleep? Why? I'm supposed to come in to the studio in an hour." you said, a yawn escaping your lips as you finished your sentence.

"Well, we need you in a half hour. We have an artist willing to collaborate. Remember when we talked about this a couple months ago?"

"Mhm. So he's willing to come in as well? So we can record today before I have rehearsals for my upcoming project?" you asked, slowly getting out of bed, and heading to the kitchen.

"Yeah, he'll be here at the recording studio in a half hour. Can you be here?" you listened, as you made your coffee, and headed back to your room, mug in hand.

"I can be there. How long will this take?"

"Well, we're hoping we can record at least two to three songs today before your rehearsals, so from seven to nine thirty would be ideal, but we'll see. Depends on what we might have come up, if we can get the band in, and if our collaborator comes in on time as well. I'll see you here in a half hour. Drive safely, I know you when you're half asleep." he laughed, as you chuckled, before smiling, setting your mug down on the nightstand.

"I will. I'll see you." hanging up, you headed to the closet, grabbing a change of clothes before heading to the shower and warming up the water while you stripped.

Taking a quick 8 minute shower, you turned off the water, before grabbing your towel, drying yourself off and slipping on your clothes. You opened the cabinet, grabbing your hair products and applying them before turning off the light in the bathroom and heading out. Slipping on your black vans, you grabbed your mug, backpack, and your phone from the nightstand before walking out of your room and finishing your coffee. Passing the kitchen, you placed the empty mug in the sink, grabbing your car keys from the kitchen island and heading out the door. Locking it behind you, the sun kissed your skin as you walked to your car, the warmth of the LA weather bringing you a sense of comfort and peace that had been absent during the rainy days. Unlocking the car, you stepped in, placing your backpack on the seat and closing the door, before turning on the ignition and driving out of your driveway and towards the recording studio.

The parking lot was half full, spot closest to the entrance was free, and you parked your car there, before stepping out, and heading inside. Ryan met you at the door, giving you a hug before leading you straight into the recording booth. Walking inside, the artist who was collaborating with you had their back to the door, as you recognized their hair and smiled. Upon hearing footsteps coming inside the booth, everyone turned, small cheers coming from your friends and people you'd talked to during your time as an artist.

"Hey, look who's here!" your manager called out as she came up to hug you, a smile on your face as the artist turned.

"Y/n, so nice to finally meet you. Niall Horan, at your service." he held out his hand, shaking yours as you smiled.

"Nice to finally meet you. I've been a fan for a long time. Thanks for agreeing to collaborate!"

He shrugged, a smile on his face. "Couldn't pass up the opportunity to work with a great singer and guitar player." he turned to your manager, before turning back to you. "Ready to start?"