Chapter 8: Stubborn

White breathes in and out, sighing as she ruffled up her hair. This wasn't going as well as she'd planned. Many things have changed. From the days locked inside a cage to the days where she's been given a little bit of freedom, but it all led to her back and locked in a dorm.

Same little concept. Just a bigger cage really.

She brushes that one strand of white away from her face, eyes darting towards the edge of the bed. Grabbing the pillow, she buried her face onto it. No tears fell from her eyes, but she just stayed like that for a good amount of time.

Angel saw the whole scene, from when the teen entered the room till Ice stormed out like the Hulk. Not much of a pretty sight, really. Closing the television, she made her way towards White, sitting down next to her and giving her a good warm bear hug.

"You okay White?" She asks, obviously knowing that she wouldn't get a yes.

The brunette shakes her head, not lifting it up from the plush pillow. All she felt like right now was staying in that pathetic postition. With her back hunched, hands under a pillow and her face buried on it. Just perfect.

Angel snorted, looking over at the passed out Diamond. The whole room was covered in silence. With one sleeping daintly, another just sitting there burying her face on a pillow and a little girl unsure of what to do.

All this chaos has really placed them in a tough situation.

"Fine, be that way," Angel mutteres, patting her at the back hard. "I'll just go then, before you get too moody like Mr. Moody that stormed out a while back." With that, she walks away and out of the door.

Why was everyone storming out lately? What did White do to recieve treatment like that? She didn't know the answers.

Slowly lifting her face off of the pillow, she took a glance at Diamond who was still busy snoring.

"Why can't I be like that, why can't I jsut sleep all the problems away," she mutters under her breath, throwing the white pillow to the ground.

Running her hand through her hair, she closed her eyes for a few moments. She knew what must be done. No more planning, no more commanding, she couldn't take this cage of hers any longer. Something must be done. Now.

Standing up, she follows the steps that Angel and Ice had paved in her room. Following their steps out the door and over towards what was once Mr. Andrew's office. Pushing the door open, she scans the whole place, finding out that he was no where to be seen. The whole office was clean and organized. The magic that Dimitry did on it was impecable. White didn't even think that big fat mess of a desk could even be fixed.

Turns out that she was proved wrong.

White knows very clearly that snooping around wasn't that good of a task, but she really needed to know the answers. Perhaps these rooms held them. Maybe, just maybe she could get away with all this without anyone knowing.

Opening drawings and sifting through the mounds of paper, she came up with nothing. Dimitry or Mr. Andrews didn't place any plan out in the open. What would the blond lead them into? She'd been thinking and calculating. Ice was partly right.

Mark's army was far too big for them to handle on their own. It would be far too difficult to disable all of them compared to their tiny army of experiments. They had guns, but her team only had one White. And her powers weren't that good. Controlling them was still a pain.

With a huff, she storms out of the room, bumping into the one man she came looking for in the first place.

Dimitry looked down at her, blond hair sweeping over his eyes, a stuble growing on his chin.

"What were you doing in da- I mean, my office?" He asks through gritted teeth.

Seems like everyone's got their panties in a twist lately, she thought, looking down at the ground.

"Nothing, I was just looking for you." She answers almost robotically.

Dimitry squints his eyes, grabbing her chin and forcing her to look up at him. "I can smell lies," he mutters.

She laughs and rolls her eyes, grabbing his hand and pushing it away. "Of course ya do, Superman!" She says with a laugh, patting him on the shoulder before hastily making her quick escape.

But she wasn't going to leave so darn fast, Dimitry was faster of course. With a turn of his heel, he caught up to her, grabbing her arm and staring down at her.

"Tell. Me."

An order, he told her. He finally learned to embrace his fate as the leader. But in White's eyes, he wasn't ready yet. No, not yet. He was still that expert marksman, the guy that would follow orders. He was no leader, not yet. Her eyes land on his wounded arm, sagging compared to the other one that stood straight, parallel to his shoulder.

She sighs, brushing away parts of her hair and looking up at him, into those blue eyes of his.

"We need to attack now," she tells him. "They want us to come there, they're not going to come to us."

"And how do you know that?" He asks, raising an eyebrow.

She clenches her fists, open and close as she chooses her words carefully. She had to pick the best ones, pick the wrong ones and she'd just sound stupid.

"It's not like your grandfather to charge into some battle that's not in his territory. They want us to come there. I'm pretty sure on that. They want to ambush us there. Did you even prepare a strike from that angle? They've got the whole place covered I bet." She could imagine everything already. Soldiers lined in the fornt lines, inside, on the roofs and every other knook and cranny that they could squeeze into.

=======

I derped in this, sorry for being sooooo late