Chapter one.

Authors note: This world and these characters are not mine, they were created by J.K. Rowling

“Rose!”

Blue. That’s what she always thought of. Not a red rose. Not something plain and ordinary. No, she was a blue rose.

“Rose, come on!”

Hermione, rose’s mom, fidgeted and pulled at her jacket. She always seemed to get intensely nervous when it was time to board the Hogwarts Express. Likes somehow they would miss it, although they were always at least fifteen minutes early.

Rose sighed and tucked a strand of Dark hair behind her ear.

“Mom, chill out. We have plenty of time.”

Her mom grimaced and took a deep breath.

They were approaching a small stretch of wall between platform nine and ten, and rose tensed her muscles in preparation. She pushed her cart at the wall. Like always, the cart slipped easily through the threshold, and disappeared. Rose gritted her teeth and closed her eyes. Then, taking a deep breath, she pushed her body at the wall. Even though she had done this four times before, falling through the wall still caught her by surprise.

Her shoulder connected with something hard. She quickly opened her eyes, and her hands flew out to break her fall. Her hands met the floor painfully. As she rolled onto her back, Rose looked up and saw the object she had collided with. Or should she say, person.

Scorpius Malfoy swayed unsteadily on his feet, as though he wasn’t sure whether or not he’d fall. A pale skinny arm reached out to steady him.

“I’m fine dad.” He growled pushing his father’s arm away. He reached up and ran his fingers through the front of his almost unnaturally blonde hair. Only then did he notice Rose lying on the floor.

“You!” he said, pointing a long skinny finger at Rose.

“Yeah” she muttered glaring at him angrily.

“Better watch where you’re going little girl or-“

“I’m the same age as you Scorpius!” She spat.

Scorpius opened his mouth, about to throw another insult at her, when Hermione and Ron came out of the wall.

Hermione took one look at the scene in front of her, and her face clouded over with anger.

“What is going on here?” she almost growled.

Ron took a step forward and put his hand on Hermione’s shoulder.

“Honey….” He whispered carefully.

Rose scrambled up, and glanced over at Scorpius, narrowing her eyes angrily.

“he-”

“You need to teach that girl of yours some manners! Pretty much ran me over, that one!” Scorpius yelled, his grey eyes glittering with rage.

Hermione shook ron’s hand off, and stepped forward, but before she could say anything a scratchy voice cut in.

“Scorpius, leave the girl alone and let’s go.” It was Draco, the father of Scorpius.

He grabbed Scorpius’s arm, and started pulling him away.

“You, you better watch your back” Scorpius glared at Rose, as his father tugged at his arm yet again and he walked away.

“Ugh, like father, like son” Hermione muttered watching them go.

Rose had herd her parent’s stories about Draco Malfoy many times before. Arrogant, witty, self-absorbed. She could clearly remember Ron telling her to “stay away from him and his boy”. In the four years that Rose had gone to Hogwarts, that had never been a problem. Scorpius was the Slytherin seeker, and due to his winning streak of 6 executive games, he was always surrounded by a group of awestruck Slytherin girls. Blech, it was almost sickening to watch as they swooned and laughed at… pretty much every word he said.