Chapter 13: Meeting the Pack

North Azure Alexandria Parker

"But I'm not going to be staying here long..." I said nervously, I saw hurt flash across his face.

"so you don't want to meet our pack?" He asked, I could tell he was fuming.

"That's not what I said." I whispered in a soft voice, knowing I'm probably in the wrong already.

"Oh yeah, well that's what it bloody hell sounded like to me!" He yelled, I cringed at the loudness of his voice.

"Shut up, Delilahs here and you're scaring her." I told him angrily, but he didn't care.

"No, you can't just say something like that and then think I'm gonna be fucking okay with it!" He yelled back in my face.

"You know what, I'm going to the store, you need to calm down." I said walking out of the room with Delilah in my arms. I knew he was following me.

I opened the door, "North-" he started.

"I'll be half an hour or longer." I said, cutting him off and slamming the door in his face, I heard him growl. Humph, he needs to grow up.

I saw Jerry playing with his son in the clearing across the road, I smiled and decided to ask if they wanted to come with me.

"Hey Jerry! Do you and your son want to come to the shop with me and Delilah?" I yelled, Delilah looked at them both and smiled.

"Come with us, come with us!" Delilah shouted, clapping her hands, her eyes never leaving the small boy by Jerrys side.

"We would love to come! Ladies, this is my son, Tyler." Jerry said smiling at Delilah and I. I set Delilah down on the grass.

"Hi Tyler, I'm North and this is my little sister Delilah." I said to the small boy, he smiled back up at me and then at Delilah, saying hi.

After a little talking, we started to the nearest shop, which wasn't that far. As we walked, I noticed Delilah and Tyler act as if they'd known each other for years, they weren't even shy around each other and normally Delilah gets super shy around d new people. They were walking ahead of us, playing and giggling with each other.

"Well there getting close pretty fast... Do you think they could be mates?" Jerry asked, trying to hide his little bit of excitement in his voice.

"Wha--- how??" I asked, stunned at his weird question.

"Well, it's just a little myth but when a pups mum or dad dies, they shift from up to about a week or two later to even maybe a couple years later. I don't now why this is but I think it's because the child has lost both parents and the wolf is there to guide the child in the absence of the parents, you know?" Jerry explained.

I nodded, "that means Delilah might be shifting soon..." I said quietly, "but that still doesn't answer my question."

"Well, they act like it don't they, Delilah has barely left Tyler's side this whole walk and I've never seen Tyler act so nice to a girl before..." Jerry paused, "But I might be wrong!"

I nodded, could that be true?

--

It was about four o'clock by the time we got back to the pack house, we'd definitely been longer than two hours. We had stopped at a couple parks and then went and got lunch and then to more parks before actually going to the shop and coming home.

"Jerry, can you open the door?" I said, I couldnt possibly open the door with four shopping bags in my hands now could I?

"One minute, I have two toddlers hanging into my legs!" He said laughing. Both kids were screaming and laughing, amused at the fact Jerry was struggling to keep balance. I rolled my eyes and banged my head on the front door.

As I did, I heard the lock clicking and the handle turning. I looked up just in time, as the door opened. A woman opened the door. She looked about 50 and had a beautiful mixture of black and grey hair.

"Hello Jerry and friends!" she said, smiling at us and moving out our way.

"Hi, I'm North and I need to put this stuff in the pantry, sorry." I replied, waddling to the kitchen. As I set the bags on the counter, I could hear Jerrys loud stomps as he walked in, along with Delilah and Tyler laughing.

"I don't mean to be rude." the woman said as I put the food and fruits in the pantry, "but who are you and what are you doing here? I've never seen you before."

"Oh, sorry, I'm North and that little girly there," I said pointing to Delilah, "is my little sister Delilah. We're here with Hunter." I said to her smiling, Her eyes seemed to light up as I said Hunters name.

"Oh, so your North? My sons mate! Oh hello, I'm Grace, his mother!" she said smiling and shaking my hand.

I smiled back, "oh hi."

"You must help me cook and we will get to know each other!!" she said excitedly, starting to cook.

I chuckled, "okay."

--

Finally, after a lot of cooking and constant cleaning, it was dinner time for the pack, I helped Grace and some of the other pack members bring all the food out, ready to be eating. Now let me tell you, those ladies are hilarious! I nearly died of laughing a couple times.

Once I was done helping the women, I found Delilah, with Tyler and Jerry of course and started to fill our plates with food. Once I had her food ready, we walked over to the little kid area, she instantly rushed over to Tyler, who had already started eating and sat down next to him.

"Here's your food princes." I said, putting a plate of food in front of Delilah

"Tanks Nor." she said and started eating. I smiled and walked over to the table where Grace was sitting with Hunter.

"Naw, Delilah is so cute North, how old is she?" Grace asked once I sat down next to her.

"Oh, she's 2 years old." I replied, taking a bite of my roast lamb. Grace nodded and smiled, while chewing her food. I could feel Hunter staring at me while I ate most of dinner. His stare never left me through out dinner.

"North, can we talk?" Hunter asked finally, I nodded and followed him into the kitchen. As soon as we were in the kitchen, I was engulfed in a hug.

"Sorry..." Hunter said, holding my tightly.

"it's okay." I tried to say, but I was muffled by Hunters sleeve in my mouth. He pulled away and looked at me in the eye.

"Do you wanna meet the pack now?" He asked. I mentally rolled me eyes at him but I nodded, trying to avoid another little argument or disagreement. He turned around and started to walk out of the room, but he suddenly turned back around and kissed me full on the lips. I can't say I didn't kiss back... Since I did.

He pulled back and took my hand his and walked out into the dining room. Why are men so confusing?!

"Attention please!" he called, instantly he had everybody attention, "I would like you all to meet North," he paused, He turned and looked at me and I back at him, he smiled.

"Your Luna."