Chapter 2

Carter's POV

The first thing that I registered was the two voices. As far as I could tell, they were both female. My senses were a bit sluggish at the moment so even that I wasn't sure of.

I listened intently to their converstation, trying to get a clue as to what was going on. Unfortunately, I accidently shifted a bit and the voices stopped abruptly.

"Oh good. you're awake," one voice said. I reluctantly opened my eyes to see that both of them were indeed female.

They looked nice enough. One was rather short and a bit on the plump side, but as far as I could tell, was no danger to me at all. The other was tall with black hair tied into a tight bun. Both women wore long robes despite the fact that it was summer.

"Carter Kane," the tall one said. It wasn't a question. I raised an eyebrow.

"Where's Sadie? And who are you?" both questions seemed equally important so I asked them together.

"Your sister is still at Brooklyn House. I do believe Ms. Everdeen is there already so you have nothing to worry about," the lady said,"As to who I am, my name is Minerva McGonagall. I am headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, which of course is where you are now."

"Um right," I said even though I hadn't understood one word of what she had just said. She smiled, her eyes twinkling.

"Lets start from the beginning shall we?" she said. I nodded encouragingly.

"There are four different worlds within our own. Yours being the first which is Egyptians. The second is where we currently stand which is wizardry. The third is Greek and Romans, specifically mythology. The last being muggles or mortals that are in an equally terrifying situation.

"Each of these four world are facing a major threat. One each of them has faced before. Set, Kronos, Voldemort, and the hunger games. Each of these worlds also have one main hero. You, Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, and Katniss Everdeen. You have all been switched around to help save a different world," she finished. I stared at him.

"And even if all of this was true, what about my own world?" I asked. What about Sadie? Zia? Walt? Jaz? All the other recruits?

"I believe Ms, Everdeen is there," she answered simply.

"But-" I started, but the sound of hurried footsteps stopped me. The door banged open and two kids ran in. I say kids, but they looked to be about 17 or 18.

"So is that him?" the boy asked, stopping at the side of the bed I was in. He had fiery red hair and was quite tall and gangly.

"It is indeed Mr. Weasley," McGonagall told him. He nodded and the two turned to me. The girl with him was quite pretty. She had bushy brown hair and by the way she looked at the boy, they were together.

"Uh hi," I said nervously,"Im Carter Kane." They studied me for a minute then the boy spoke up again.

"We need Harry back. This kid can't replace him," he said. I will admit, that it dented my feelings a bit. I had, after all, played a big roll in the defeat of Apophis.

"Ron!" the girl told him,"Sorry about him," she said to me. Then she turned to McGonagall as well.

"What he meant is that Harry is more experienced and knows Voldemort's weaknesses better," she said carefully glancing at me. It was clear that she felt the same way as the boy, but was too polite to say it.

"I completely agree," I cut in, "How do I know that this Katniss Everdeen can help my sister and friends? I mean Sadie, Zia, Jaz, and Walt are experianced, but they need my help."

"You're exactly right. You should go back where you came from and give us Harry," the boy said rudely. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Ronald! Be nice! Besides, this isn't his fault anyway," the girl said.

Suddenly a loud bang echoed from the hallway, followed by an evil cackle. The girl rolled her eyes.

"That'll be Peeves again. We better see what's going on," she sighed. The pair sprinted out, pulling carved sticks from their pockets as they ran. Just before the doors closed behind them, I saw another red-head. This one appeared to be a girl though. Her eyes bored into me until after the door blocked her from sight.

I sighed. This place certainly wasn't agreeing with me.